Cheap Food/accomodation In Lamai?

knod

Hi, Im going to be training Muay Thai in Koh Samui soon for as long as I can afford to and am just trying to work out a rough budget of my trip. I've been once before but it was just a couple of weeks partying and I wasn't concerned about cash.

Anyway I was wondering where are the cheapest places to eat in Lamai? What should I expect to pay? I don't care if its off a street stand or whatever. Last time I was going to a resteraunt and paying about 40baht for a plate of thai food can I find it cheaper?

Also for water? I'll be going through a sh!t load. Are the better places to go then 7/11? I've been told you can get water from the water truck?

Last but not least can anyone give me a rough idea on how much I should expect to pay for accommodation. Cheap accommodation around Lamai if thats possible. I'll be staying 6 months probably more. I don't want a/c or anything flashy but electricity and a toilet that I don't have to use a bucket to flush would be nice?

I have been doing research but its kinda hard to find stuff on the net about cheap food n accommodation. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Knod Hi. Longterm accom will run you around 5000 baht a month upwards. A friend has just got a place with UBC and free wi fi. Lamai though is expensive as it one of the main tourist areas. I would stay elsewhere. An automatic bike will cost you 2000 a month. Water you can get from most Thai mini marts or there will be a truck that passes your bungalow at some time. The first bottle costs 120 baht then after that it costs 20 baht to replace. Food at 40 baht a dish is about right. To eat cheaper you will need to cook it yourself. There are muat Thai gyms all over the island and vary in prices also. As said Chawang and Lamai are going to cost more than a gym elsewhere. Enjoy :)

The best cheapest place for food (in my opinion) in Lamai is a place called "In-chai" - It's next to Buddy across the road from No-Name / Tapee Bungalows.

The food is outstanding! and cheap! Very nice people as well. I'm sure Bridge will be on this thread in a minute. I heard he's their best customer!...

Matt.

The best cheapest place for food (in my opinion) in Lamai is a place called "In-chai" - It's next to Buddy across the road from No-Name / Tapee Bungalows.

The food is outstanding! and cheap! Very nice people as well. I'm sure Bridge will be on this thread in a minute. I heard he's their best customer!...

Matt.

With most dishes between 40-50THB, run by a super nice family, always fresh, it is pretty hard to beat.

For those that know Island Books, it is just near the entrance right on the ring road.

Aroi Aroi

Matt.

With most dishes between 40-50THB, run by a super nice family, always fresh, it is pretty hard to beat.

For those that know Island Books, it is just near the entrance right on the ring road.

Singha bottle included? :)

Close - about 200 mtr - to this place is Pinyo Thai Boxing. They are have cheap bungalows for rent.

Yeh Pinyo is where I was thinkin of training. I checked out their website and saw rooms for rent for about 7000baht a month which I guess is pretty cheap and I could prob get them a bit cheaper then that advertised price. These have a/c though. Thats why I was posting here as I thought I might be able to find something else where a bit cheaper.

Is there nowhere to eat in Lamai for less then 40 baht?