Bad News For Tourist Visas

I was just collecting my Non Imm B visa in Ho Chi Min and saw a notice at the counter about tourist visas. basically one A4 sheet so I will just give you the gist.

They are aware that many people are arriving by tourist visa with the intention of working, then when that visa ends the person is going to a neighbouring country to apply for another tourist visa again with the intention of working, it is an offence (they say the regulation) to not truly state your intention when applying for the visa and basically if you can not prove the visa is for tourism or they suspect it is not for tourism they will reject the application.

Seems like that door may be closing

From my experience, these A4 notices usually mean they are indeed serious and not open to persuasion. A few years ago I was stuck in Poipet for a few hours because of an A4 notice that required onward flight tickets, but has anyone heard of them being required under the latest clampdown for people flying back in from abroad?

RAW.

This has been reported and discussed for several week - same information has appeared in Europe and indeed seems to have been sent worldwide by MFA.

Flight tickets are sometimes required for visa issue but not for border crossing currently.

Flight tickets are sometimes required for visa issue but not for border crossing currently.

Yes, but the only time I've been asked for a ticket, which was at HCMC, all I gave her was my ticket IN to Thailand as I didn't purchase my onward one until I was there. So it doesn't, in my case, seem to be a check on whether you intend leaving the country. Maybe it's just a purge during this period of free tourist visas.

That particular time I wanted a double entry visa and the lady said she would have to see tickets for both trips. This struck me as a bit odd as it prevents people using Thailand as a base for touring unless they either book all flights before going or keep getting new visas which, combined with other countries requirements, quickly knocks the passport out.