Travel Agents

st11x

G'day,

We want to get to Singapore in Dec for Christmas, around early Dec. However, SilkAir online is very expensive now.

Do you know of any travel agents that can get us deals on SilkAir? Don't really want to transit via BKK or KL.

We are very flexible with the departure dates, so if there are last minute unsold tickets to be had, we can also jump on those.

Thanks

Matt

G'day,

We want to get to Singapore in Dec for Christmas, around early Dec. However, SilkAir online is very expensive now.

Do you know of any travel agents that can get us deals on SilkAir? Don't really want to transit via BKK or KL.

We are very flexible with the departure dates, so if there are last minute unsold tickets to be had, we can also jump on those.

Thanks

Matt

Go see Nong at SEA Tours on Changklan 75 metres south of Sridonchai RH side of the road.

G'day,

Thanks

Matt

If you go to the Silk Air website you will see that they are selling tickets at 22 thousand baht return. Seems pricey to me, but they have a monopoly. Maybe Nong can get a better deal.

Go see Nong at SEA Tours on Changklan 75 metres south of Sridonchai RH side of the road.

Thanks, I'll go check that out. Is it round where the K-bank is?

Matt

If you are referring to the K-Bank on Changklan the bank is (as I know it) on the LH side of the road traveling south and is a long way further south than SEA Tours.

As for the 22,000.00 baht quoted by 'brommers' I took the GF to Singapore a couple of months back and it was around 8,000.00 baht return "on Silk Air, CNX - SIN - CNX And of course going direct from Chiang Mai means that you do no have to suffer the abomination called Suvarabhumi.

I appreciate the seasons might change the available fare structures but when when we went it was during the "Singapore Sale" which is always a popular time (although I did not find the sale prices as good as in some previous years)

Edited by john b good

If you go to the Silk Air website you will see that they are selling tickets at 22 thousand baht return. Seems pricey to me, but they have a monopoly. Maybe Nong can get a better deal.

I have just spoken to Miss Nong (she does all my bookings) and todays price is 12,400 baht return including all airport taxes :)

Thanks for the replies.

I went thrice previously this year and all of them booked through SilkAir. The prices were 6000+, 13000+, 8000+ respectively. So 22K is really very dear. The travel agent prices are good, and I'll be booking with them.

At last, we can go join in the Christmas festivities in Singapore!

Thanks

Matt

The Silk Air website clearly shows that the 22k price is for a business class ticket in the booking step after you choose dates. Why they do not have other less expensive tickets on the website when they seem to be available through travel agents is unknown to me but I have encountered that with them before. The website is worth a check though because they sometimes have specials that travel agents do not, example my recent round trip ticket was less than 6K booked with Silk Air online.

G'day,

Thanks

Matt

Try Pom on Moonmuang next to the 7/11