Air Asia – Great Customer Service

PattayaParent

I got a sms from AA telling me that a forthcoming flight has been cancelled and I’ve been rebooked onto an earlier flight.

The earlier flight was not really convenient for me so I ‘phoned the number on the sms and told them the details and was transferred to someone who immediately changed the flight date for me with no charge.

Now I know that this should be normal standard service of any airline but as there’s so much whinging on here about AA I thought I’d post something positive for a change.

I’ll go get my tin hat now and wait for all the flack.

well I would not give you any flack there seems to be a lot of complains about cheap

airways I never ever had any complains about them and yes I am flying back to OZ

tomorrow using Tiger Airways I flew with them many times and no problems.

My flight was 18.200 baht for 2 people including every thing.

AA in my opinion is better than most full fare airlines. I just flew to Oz and back and I am flying next week with them to Vietnam. The inflight service is very good and on ground they are first class. I got an SSM on my mobile telling me the plane would be slightly delayed, which is more than most airlines would do. When you call them on the phone they are very efficient and speak excellent English. I am looking forward to thier flights to UK next year.

When I was in Viet Nam earlier this year a couple that I met there received an SMS from Air Asia on their mobile to say that the flight back from Ha Noi to Bangkok would be delayed.

When I returned to Bangkok on the same flight and turned on my mobile I had the exact same message too.

I was on a flight months ago that was delayed. At the time I was annoyed, but then I forgot all about it. Last week I got and email from Air Asia with an 1800 baht voucher to put towards any flight, and I can pass it along to a friend if I want. My only complaint is that the voucher is only good until February, but it's more than most expensive airlines would give for being a few hours late.

I was shafted.They changed my flight time from 3 til 8.It would be ok but I have another flight with another airline at 6.Well the other airline said they wouldn't give me my money back.So now i'm in dispute with them and my credit card.if it wasn't for air asia changeing the time after 4 months after i purchased the ticketi'd be ok.It' just sucks.

Yeah, sucks like that, but they do clearly state they are a point-to-point. If you have an important connecting flight, always better to fly with someone more reliable that have loads of connections, or indeed with the same airline right the way through.

Personally never had a problem with AA.

Yeah, sucks like that, but they do clearly state they are a point-to-point. If you have an important connecting flight, always better to fly with someone more reliable that have loads of connections, or indeed with the same airline right the way through.

Personally never had a problem with AA.

Air asia too had sent me a sms about my flight delay to phuket , they also compensiated the delay by passing me evouchers worth 800 thb ...we had booked 3 tickets so we got 2400thb evoucher , valid for 3mths :)

I was shafted.They changed my flight time from 3 til 8.It would be ok but I have another flight with another airline at 6.Well the other airline said they wouldn't give me my money back.So now i'm in dispute with them and my credit card.if it wasn't for air asia changeing the time after 4 months after i purchased the ticketi'd be ok.It' just sucks.

But AA will change your rescheduled flight for you free of charge so you could fly a day earlier and still connect with your next flight.

Last time i had a flight with air asia we coudnt land in phuket due to thunderstorm over the airport fair enough went back to bangkok 3hrs flying by then at bangkok sat on the tarmac for 1hr coudnt take off due to weather got taken off the plane to be fed and watered which we didnt get,then flight ran out of everything after 10mins landed 5hrs late then offered sandwich and drink which we told them were to go no refund no customer service nothing flew back with thai to bangkok far better

thai air asia beware

HI

SO, just show they have a lot of fuc. ups

Yeah, and no other airline ever has a flight delay??????????

Hi

Not so much as Air Asia,,, do you work for them

Have a look

Flying Air Asia Has Its Pros and Cons, Here Are Some of Both

Flying with Air Asia definitely has its benefits, but arriving at your destination on time is not usually one of them. Air Asia has possibly the worst flight delay record of any airline in the Malaysia-Thailand area. Yesterday, I took my 27th Air Asia flight, this time from Kuala Lumpur to Bangkok. As usual, the flight was delayed - this time for more than an hour. The delay apparently was due to the incoming flight from Bangkok being late, but this has happened on every flight I've taken from Kuala Lumpur to Bangkok so you'd think, by now, they would have figured out how to solve that problem.

In 27 flights with the airline, I have only ever flown one that has been on time. Sure, Air Asia is a so-called 'budget airline' so you have to expect some downgrade in service, but due to the falling dollar and Air Asia now slamming on gas surcharges, it's not really not such a cheap airline anymore. My round-trip flight from Bangkok to Kuala Lumpur this week was $190, almost double the price of a year ago. You'd think for the increased price the service would be better right? It's not.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/4...east_asias.html

Edited by HDRIDER

^ I'd expect the increased price has to do with fuel costs rising and is not related to quality of service at all, just like all the other airlines.

Me and my family have flown a lot with AA and have only been delayed twice, never on the BKK-KL or KL-BKK route (once returning from HK and once returning from Ha Noi).

No, I don't work for any airline but have flown on a lot and recognise that AA is no worse than most national airlines and considerably better than some.

^ I'd expect the increased price has to do with fuel costs rising and is not related to quality of service at all, just like all the other airlines.

Me and my family have flown a lot with AA and have only been delayed twice, never on the BKK-KL or KL-BKK route (once returning from HK and once returning from Ha Noi).

No, I don't work for any airline but have flown on a lot and recognise that AA is no worse than most national airlines and considerably better than some.

Exactly !! . :)