Organic Stuff In Thai On The Web

(thai) husband has been teaching himself chemistry lately from the internet; since he is autodidactic w/o almost any formal education this is a slow process since there dont seem to be many thai words for things, but the thai transliteration of anglo words (molecule, atom etc). anyway, now that he's interested for whatever reasons (he wanted to make his own pesticides :) ...trust me , he wont since i am an ex safety and hygiene manager he wont get near any of that stuff)--

i feel the iron is hot and i should strike: now's the time to introduce him to organic stuff, organic farming in thailand (there is enough in israel but we are having language barrier problems for all the terms), soooooo....

are there links of info that someone here has actually read and used that u could recommend... in thai?

he has found some edu sites in thai about chemistry/physics but i want to steer him in the organic direction as opposed to the isaan farmer-- "cheaper to by chemicals and use them then to hire people to weed etc etc..."

bina

israel

im sure we must have put up links somewhere but computer is too slow to start skimming thru ...

and i dont even know how to say organic in thai.

Hi Bina

Google translate has been supporting Thai for a while now and it is steadily improving. I use the google translate bookmarklet which can be found here link (simply drag the google translate link from this page onto your browser bookmark toolbar or bookmark folder and click on it when you want to translate a web page. I've been using it to translate posts from this forum to show the wife and although it's not perfect and a few words remain untranslated the wife says she can understand. My Thai isn't brilliant but I can read recipes and the translation of some of the recipes for organic potions are translated fairly accurately, you may have to help with a few words. You can also now upload PDF's to google translate although this could be a slow process with a slow connection but definitley worth a try !! I do have some links to some Thai sites that I'll dig out for you but I don't think they go very indepth . Anyway try the google approach ( at least with this method you can read the info in English first so you know what information your husband is getting, which should help in discussion ) and have a look at this subforum (and the useful links etc..) in Thai and let us know what hubby thinks !

Cheers for now J