A True Copy Of A "thank You Letter"

This letter was sent to the Lions Bay School Principal's office after the school had sponsored a luncheon for seniors. An elderly lady received a new radio at the lunch as a door prize and was writing to say thank you.

Dear Lions Bay School ,

God bless you for the beautiful radio I won at your recent Senior Citizens luncheon. I am 84 years old and live at the West Vancouver Home for the Aged. All of my family has passed away. I am all alone and I want to thank you for the kindness shown to a forgotten old lady. My roommate is 95 and has always had her own radio; but before I received one, she would never let me listen to hers, even when she was napping.

The other day her radio fell off the nightstand and broke into a lot of pieces. It was awful and she was in tears. She asked if she could listen to mine, and I told her to f#ck off.

Thank you for that opportunity.

Sincerely,

Edna

Dont mind if its an urban myth..its just great. :D

My grandmother had a wicked sense of humour and at times I absolutely forgot she was an old lady and not some school kid. She often had me in pure fits of laughter, my stomach in knots, and tears running down my cheeks. She taught me how to laugh even in the most difficult circumstances and passed on an often mischievous sense of homour to us all. I can imagine her doing EXACTLY the above :) However, she would likely soften over time and let the woman have a bit of a listen.. :D dam_n i miss her!

Dont mind if its an urban myth..its just great. :)

I don't mind the origin either, eek. As a joke it's funny, and I appreciate it. Unfortunately, there are too many things passing through the interweb these days that have "true story" stamped all over them, that aren't in fact, true stories. A joke doesn't become any funnier with the addition of the false title of 'This actually happened', with made up names and places. Let the joke stand by itself.

PS - your gran sounds like she was a good one. I had one of those.