Balanced Mutual Fund - Currency?

I am thinking of investing in a balanced mutual fund. I know some will think it's boring or whatever but just being a little cautious. I plan to buy and hold for many years, eventually moving to my Thai bank account. I'm from the UK and the funds I'm looking at are mainly in USD/Euro/GBP. What I can't decide is which currency to use. I'm told that THB is pretty much pegged to the USD but having doubts about the USD in the long term. GBP/THB is so volatile. It looks as if Euro/THB wasn't as bad especially in the past 18 months or so. I'm leaning towards using the Euro but would be grateful for advice.

Mutual funds are not as safe as you think ... i have got burnt badly with most of the funds which I bought.....

First time was right before 2001 with a lump sum which lost 40 % first year, recovered quite well over 5 years only to go down about 20 % last year, also put money monthly in to other safe/ medium risk funds from 2005 which also made huge losses last year, will take years to recover ..... must admit the timing was pretty bad but would never ever thrust these fcuktards who run funds again.... don't forget as well as high entry fees, if they lose your money they still charge you for that service annually ...

Anyway, if your not sure why don't you split your currencies ??