Government Savings Bank

They are a double header.

1. You buy a ticket and it will state what the expiry date is and how much interest you get. You can redeem them early but naturally you get less back.

2. All the tickets go into a lottery, with various prizes - here's an english link to the ticket number checks and prizes http://www.gsb.or.th/psc/psc.html

I have them for my stepson with the GSB and BAAC(Bank of Agriculture and Agricultural Co-operatives).

BAAC seem to only do them for a certain time, presumably because they only set aside so much and when the tickets are taken then that's it. I found that the expiry dates are not always automatically a certain number of years away eg I bought a ticket last February but expiry date is June 2011. They haven't started a new set yet for months and I've enquired both at my local branch and website, but no response to when they'll start again. Here's the link to the BAAC checker - http://www.baac.or.th/content-lotto.php Unfortunately it's only in Thai, despite having an 'Eng' button at the top right. Even the main site isn't that helpful I think, in Thai or English but you may be able to get someone to check out the Thai version.

GSB seems to be open ended in terms of when you can apply but their prize amounts are alot higher. If you want them then just check the expiry dates; last month I got a ticket and the expiry date was 3 years but this month I bought them and it was 5 years. I buy them on a rolling basis and so not worried but you may want to just ask the bank about it.

I hope this is helpful.