Recommendations For A Cheap Wireless N Router

Changian

Got a 4 year old B/G Belkin that's on it's last legs so need to get a new wifi router. Preferably one with a decent range. The Belkin can send a signal about 25 metres, through a wooden house to the outdoor deck on the river but need to get a bit further now, so looking for 'N' capability.

Dont need frills, just something idiot proof that can broadcast a signal 30-40 metres.

Any recommendations?

The TP-Link mentioned is not Wireless-N technology and it has one big, very big, flaw: It has a known bug that causes many WLAN cards not to work together with it if it's security is set to auto-detect between WPA/WPA2.

There is a new one available now from Asus, Wireless-N modem+router. I can't remember the model number, but I will find a link for it tomorrow, the price is about 500 baht cheaper than the TP-Link, around 2000 baht.

Edited by d0ndela

I bought a Zyxel wireless router (P-320Wv2) about a year ago at Panthip (1700 THB) and would not recommend it. The firewall software has nifty features but fails at delivering performance when there are many concurrent connections (mainly important for torrents).

I'm running it in Access Point Mode only (router part deactivated) and it works fine.

I can talk only for this one model though.

welo

I have a DLink it home, i'm not very impressed with it. It needs to reboot at least every couple of days. And when start up bittorrent i kind of like locks up for a few minutes (strange).

I had a Linksys back in the US, and also at my shop here...much better.

I would recommend either Linksys or Netgear (not sure if they have netgear in thailand)

P.S. i also had a Belkin back in the US, IMHO piece of sh*t, worse than DLink.

Edited by dave111223

There is a new one available now from Asus, Wireless-N modem+router. I can't remember the model number, but I will find a link for it tomorrow, the price is about 500 baht cheaper than the TP-Link, around 2000 baht.
Thanks - could it be this Asus model? : http://www.shop4thai.com/en/product/22286/

Nope, it's this one: Asus DSL-G31

According to the info at that link, the Asus DSL-G31 is not Wifi-n, it's b/g.

It's a bit strange, because I have one boxed here in my hand and on the front it says 54Mbps Wi-Fi 802.11g wireless .... and on the side it says: IEEE 802.11 b/g/n and ADSL standard compliant.

Also it's nowhere to be found on Asus' website.

I've been using a Linksys (CISCO) WAG160N for some four months now and for me it's working well. I know that it has quite a range as the guy down the road tried to use it. It's now set up with WPA2. I had a little problem in re-setting it up after changing from WEP, their help call was free and they soon sorted out the problem. I would recommend this, it does run a bit hot though.