Christmas Music Terror

raro

Christmas Corrals  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

...now seriously...is there ANYBODY out there who enjoys that Christmas music played ad nauseam in Supermarkets and shopping malls? Had a call to DTAC today and they put me on hold....we wish you a merry Christmas...was blaring in my ear prompting me to hang up. Cannot stand it. Sorry.

/rant over.

Absolute RUBBISH isnt it........I am surprised there isnt more Christmas rage in this world.....it would be good if people took up arms and shot out these speakers and people responsible for this NOISE POLLUTION.

As I said before, Christ really suxks

Yep Foodland playing . ''Jinger Ben'' is a real PITA.. :) I moved to Asia to escape all that <deleted>..

I think this is even spreading to the Muslim countries. I agree I was hoping to escape this western crapola by moving to a Buddhist country. Oh well.

Factoid -- during the time that Yeshua lived, there were many Jews who claimed to be the messiah who were also crucified. How come Yeshua made the cut? BTW, he was not born on December 25 and he would not have answered to the name Jesus (nor did he have blond hair). Happy Festivus (the holiday for the rest of us)! I guess we have to take the Glitterman more seriously, one never knows what history has in store ...

Edited by Jingthing

Children seem to enjoy Christmas............obviously by the comments here it is certainly no joy for the majority of the wrinkly singlies.... :)

A good opportunity to quote the great W.C. Fields:

Children should neither be seen nor heard from -- ever again.

post-37101-1261755793_thumb.jpg

He was a lush, just like dear old Santa.

Edited by Jingthing

Children seem to enjoy Christmas............obviously by the comments here it is certainly no joy for the majority of the wrinkly singlies.... :)

A good opportunity to quote the great W.C. Fields:

Children should neither be seen nor heard from -- ever again.

I guess your name was Herod in an earlier life........

Not sure about Herod, but am sure of W.C. Fields, a food lover, like me.

I like children - fried.

“Christmas at my house is always at least six or seven times more pleasant than anywhere else. We start drinking early. And while everyone else is seeing only one Santa Claus, we'll be seeing six or seven."

W.C. Fields

Ironically, W.C. Fields died on the holiday he claimed to despise: Christmas Day

Edited by Jingthing

Have to admit they carry this Christmas thing a bit to far and this is not a Christian country or culture. :D

They're doing it for us, so it wouldn't hurt to be somewhat appreciative. They're not doing it to annoy us as they believe that most of us still like Christmas stuff.

In an apartment adjoining mine they were jack-hammering at 8 am this morning (as they have been for the last 2 weeks). I'll take Bing Crossby's Christmas carols over that anyday. :)

From what i've seen on national Tv and in around Pattaya, Christmas is very much publicised and celebrated in Thailand, especially if the fireworks in Jomtien are anything to go by, since late evening on the 24th and again all evening on the 25th.

What i don't understand is why all this celebration within Thailand (a Buddist country) and one that most Thais don't even understand the meaning behind Christmas Day!

Ask any Thai what does Christmas mean? and they wouldn't have a clue.

Is it just any excuse to get the fireworks out or just to get the farangs wallets out?

Have to admit they carry this Christmas thing a bit to far and this is not a Christian country or culture. :D

Sorry, you'll just have to find a more heathen and backward country than Thailand if you want to get away from any reminders of a pivotal point in mankind's history. :)

I think this is even spreading to the Muslim countries. I agree I was hoping to escape this western crapola by moving to a Buddhist country. Oh well.

Seriously, who would settle in Pattaya to escape the West?

I came to Pattaya to get back to some semblance of the West after roughing it in the real Asia for many years.

I came to Pattaya to get back to some semblance of the West after roughing it in the real Asia for many years.

Not escape the west. Escape western crapola. You have a point though. For me, the best holiday is December 26.

Not escape the west. Escape western crapola. You have a point though. For me, the best holiday is December 26.

For me Pattaya is a little "Western" oasis in the East. The best combination of both worlds.

Best thing about Christmas:

you're a scumbag, you're a maggot,

you're old and your're haggard.

Merry Christmas your ass,

pray God it's our last!

-The Pogues

:D

Brilliant Dogleg, I heard it the other day in Samui and could not remember the ----- Pogues -- so thank you. :)

To answer the original question ----- "YES "

BT :D

What's with all the Jesus references? Christians hijacked Xmas yes, but the old yuletide existed as a heathen midwinter feast long before Christianity. In fact in some languages, including the Scandinavian, Xmas is still being referred to with the old word JUL (Yule) which doesn't have anything to do with religion.

Edited by Phil Conners

Is it just any excuse to get the fireworks out or just to get the farangs wallets out?

I was in 2001 - the year of 9/11 - in Isaan over Christmas. They had a "special Christmas Menu" with delicacies like chicken Al Qaeda, Fish Bin Laden etc...still have the picture somewhere :)

I was in 2001 - the year of 9/11 - in Isaan over Christmas. They had a "special Christmas Menu" with delicacies like chicken Al Qaeda, Fish Bin Laden etc...still have the picture somewhere :)

The chicken dish sounds explosively hot and spicy. The fish dish sounds very hairy and not at all fresh.

Edited by Jingthing