Thai Visa For Guatemalan

Hi folks

please help with some information here

My wife and I are living and working in Guangdong China for a year. We have a February vacation and want to come to Thailand. Myself and our kids (ages 13-9-5) all have US passports. But my wife is from Guatemala and has a Guatemalan passport. We have marriage documents and all that, but her nation's passport is often looked at suspiciously.

I know that myself and the kids can get a visa on arrival. But can my wife? will she have to go to the Thai consulate in Guangzhou to get a visa? Will this be given on the spot?

since we want to leave Guangzhou February 2, 2010, time is of the essence for us

Can you help??

Thanks

Chinagringo

I've just checked on Thai Visa main page for list of countries (possport holders) who can enter Thailand without Visa.

USA passport holders - no visa required - you will get 30 days when you enter Thailand.

Unfortunately for Guatemalan - your wife will need to appy for a Tourist Visa before entering Thailand.

Here is the list of countries: http://www.thaivisa.com/visa/passport-hold...thout-visa.html

Your wife will have to apply for a tourist visa in advance.

US citizens don't get a visa on arrival but if arriving by air, get a 30 day visa waiver stamp. Visa on arrival is different and Guatamalan citizens are not eligible according to the lists published by the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs

As said, your wife will need to apply for a tourist visa before travelling.

You and kids need tickets out of the country within 30 days of arrival to meet 'visa exempt' immigration requirements (or risk problems with boarding) and will get 30 day permission to stay stamp on arrival.

As said, your wife will need to apply for a tourist visa before travelling.

You and kids need tickets out of the country within 30 days of arrival to meet 'visa exempt' immigration requirements (or risk problems with boarding) and will get 30 day permission to stay stamp on arrival.

Thank you for the information... we will go to get the visa for her before coming. I just hope it's a same day hassle free service (and that someone at the Thai Consulate in Guangzhou speaks English or Spanish!) We certainly look forward to seeing Thailand for a few weeks!