90day '0' Visa

Can find loads about Tourist Visa and one year non-imm O multi-entries Visa...

I need a single 90day '0' Visa...

cannot find it on here or on any of the Embassy/Consulates websites in Malaysia..

I did send a email to the KL Embassy + 2 Consulates over a week ago but had no reply..

I sent a email to 'Jim' at Penang with a couple of questions, the reply was 'everything is possible come and see me'

I am single English and well over 50...

Another post a couple of months ago re not being able to meet the 800,000 in the Bank for the extension this year.. had planed to go to Perth end of March, have everything ready, now a friend would like to visit Perth with me but is not able to go until mid June..

New plan go to Perth in June

So thought get a single 90day '0' Visa in Malaysia.

Is it possible to get a 90day '0' Visa ?

Price ?

Do I need to show cash ? [would appear that you need to show 10,000baht cash for a Tourist Visa]

[can take my passbooks with over 500,000 baht in Bank]

Is getting a '0' Visa the same paperwork in before 11am and collect next day ?

Is there a difference ? or best options KL Embassy ? Penang ? or Kota Bahru ?

The only place I have ever been in Malaysia is the airport in 2000, not been out of Thailand since 2003, Got my retirement Visa in the UK in 2003 and been here on extensions ever since, so have no idea about getting a Visa.

Hope someone can clear this up, many thanks

Can you just apply for a double entry tourist visa in KL? - this will take care of your stay thru June when you will fly to Perth for your Non-O multi or Non-OA.

Yes

Do KL issue the double entry tourist visa ? My understanding is I would then need to leave Thailand again on day 59 ?

As I live 50km North West of BKK, I just thought a 90 day Visa would be easier ?

KL will not issue double Tourist Visas.

Vientienne will and they are free until March 4th.

A Tourist Visa can be extended at Immigration for a further 30 days.

Most local Consulates will issue a Non O Visa single entry to you without any problem.

Note the an extension of stay based on retirement can also be based on a combination of income and money in the bank. You seem to have 500,000 in the bank, so if you have a yearly income of at least 300,000 you would qualify for a 1 year extension. Income can be from abroad, in which case it needs to be confirmed with a letter from your embassy.

With your bankbook you should not have any problem getting a non-O in KL.

Not sure as I have never had a double entry tourist visa before - I have feeling YES you will have to go out and back in again to activate the 2nd visa - I'm sure others can help.

BUT even if you get the 90 days - this will not carry you thru June, will it?

I tried to get a multi-non-O at the Thai Embassy in Hanoi 2 years ago - they told me that I could only get this visa if I were a resident (whatever that means) or married to a Thai woman (which I'm not). The funny thing was that they offer to give me a single entry Non-O valid for 90 days instead (which is the one you're inquiring about) - but I politely refused and flew to Bali instead and got my Non-O Multi there. FYI: Bali finally closed it's door on issuing Non-O multi based on visiting friends - so I flew to Perth last November and got it..... ahhh the things you do just to stay in this country :-).

Not sure as I have never had a double entry tourist visa before - I have feeling YES you will have to go out and back in again to activate the 2nd visa - I'm sure others can help.

I tried to get a multi-non-O at the Thai Embassy in Hanoi 2 years ago - they told me that I could only get this visa if I were a resident (whatever that means) or married to a Thai woman (which I'm not). The funny thing was that they offer to give me a single entry Non-O valid for 90 days instead (which is the one you're inquiring about) - but I politely refused and flew to Bali instead and got my Non-O Multi there. FYI: Bali finally closed it's door on issuing Non-O multi based on visiting friends - so I flew to Perth last November and got it..... ahhh the things you do just to stay in this country :-).

1) Double entry tourist visa from Vientiane will have 90 day used by date. Will receive 60 day permission to stay on entry and then obtain 30 day extension at Thai immigration. Will need to do border run just before VISA expires to activate second 60 day stay period. Then extend again for 30 days at Thai immigration. Overall nearly 6 months stay. Currently the visa is free.

2) If on single entry Non-Immigrant visa will get 90 day permission to stay on entry ino the Kingdom. Then will need new visa, so would sugest going double entry tourist visa route.

3) Different consulates different rules :)

@thaiphoon: Thank You :-) - I just hope Perth will not close it's door regarding issuing Non-O Multi based on visiting friends for at least 2 more years - at which time I can apply for my Non-OA. :-)

Hope the above statement doesn't sound like I'm being selfish :D Just the instinct of self-preservation kicking in :)

Edited by whatchamacallit

Hope so

My extension is until 25th March, so will leave on 24th, so application will be in on the 25th, New Visa then will be activated on 26th March, 90 days from then will be June 24th....... leave for Perth on Sat 19th June returning June 27th so the Multi '0' will be good till September 2011 with 4x boarder exits

On another of my questions asked if anyone knows the cost of this 90day Visa ? is it paid in Thai Baht or MYR ?

[the only unclear price I found on a old website was 550 MYR]