Mmm.. mouthwatering SD2 !! I love using fresh figs as an ingredient, great simply served with parma ham and a rocket salad, poached with honey and spices and served with vanilla ice-cream or my favourite of the moment fig and gorgozola pizza (google for recipe).

I nearly picked up a couple of rooted fig cuttings at the recent Chiang Rai flower festival (well worth a visit as there was a large "garden center" with vendors from all over the country and stalls selling nearly every kind of fruit tree), but was limited for space in the pick up due to it being a day out with extended family and they weren't the healthiest of looking specimens although with some TLC I'm sure they would of survived. Did grab a couple of pomegranates, a marian plum and a sour variety of tamarind which I have not been able to get from local nurseries.

Definitely plan to take a truck up to visit next year as as well as figs I saw stalls selling grape vines, avocado etc...

Keep the photos coming SD2 as I'm sure they inspire many.

cheers for now J 

Hello Soidog2, this magazine has some good info on figs in LOS.

From propagation to drying. I do miss the fresh mission figs that I

grew up with in San Jose.

rice555

Thanks for the Inf.

Fig trees are realy eassy to propagate. The smallest cutting will root & grow in no time.

I recently returned from the States with 5 additional varieties . ( Phytosanitary ceritficates & all )

You will definitelly ejnjoy the " Black Mission" & golden ones when they fruit sometimwe next year.

Reards