Good Pub For A Date

chaamerican

Does anyone know a good pub/bar/club for a date with a farang girl? I know all the bargirl bars, etc., but the girls is Japanese, and a lot of those places wouldn't be too friendly to her. Someplace cool with tunes, maybe live tunes, food, but not insanely expensive, like The Londoner. I know about The Saxophone, it's cool, but maybe something smaller, more casual, publike. Thanks.

Is this by any chance a first date? If so, I honestly would not take her to a pub unless she was the one who suggested that. I know that there are girls who would enjoy that, but as a woman, I can speak for myself and many of my female friends and say that a bar is not our ideal first date! :) Of course, if she really likes to drink and you're just looking for a casual relationship it might be ok, or if you you two have been dating a little while already. I'm sure others will disagree with me, but I'm just giving you my honest opinion.

No. We've known each other a long time. We sort of went out, and now we might be "dating". We're both comfortable in pub atmosphere, but I just don't know any that aren't full of bargirls, working or freelance. I'm looking for a place that is used to farang couples, but not as expensive as like, Tokyo or London, aka The Londoner, or as stuffy, for that matter.

In the evening take her to the Orange Restaurant on the 4rth Floor of Siam Paragon

Great food, drinks, quiet, nice romantic atmosphere great for couples wanting to be together

After dinner, hit a nice movie. Comedy or love story.

Then you will be the man!

Take a look at the Barbican in Soi Thaniya. Modern style pub with cool music playing in the background. Soi Thaniya is a Japanese orientated street.

Also consider The Nest on the rooftop of the Fenix Hotel in Soi 11.

Try some of the river restaurants.

I'm not sure if it's called "Samsen Soi Sam" or "Khin Lom Chom Saphan", (I've heard it called both), but it is on Samsen soi 3, right on the river. Here is where it is on a map. They have a nice band, and it's romantic.

Another that is on the river is Aquatini at the Navalai Resort, here. It's more expensive, but also a little more upscale.

Both of these places are used to foreigners, as there are always many, (I think too many, that's why I don't go often), there.

There are some great, Thai river restaurants like To-Sit Pier, but they are a bit more hidden, and there are rarely any foreigners, (thankfully), there. There are a lot of great river restaurants in this category, To-Sit is the most well-known.

Edited by Meridian007

Take a look at the Barbican in Soi Thaniya. Modern style pub with cool music playing in the background. Soi Thaniya is a Japanese orientated street.

Also consider The Nest on the rooftop of the Fenix Hotel in Soi 11.

Barbican great place, good food had the best ham cheese sandwich in a few years.

Not cheap (290 :) but very good.

Take her to Check Inn Garden on Sukhumvit between Soi 5 and Soi7.

Good food, cool "old style lounge" atmosphere and a terrific band from the Philipppines, called Music of the Heart.

3 great female singers who do everything from Frank Sinatra to Michael Jackson to Lady Gaga.

Great entertainment.

And for the cynics out there, it is not my bar.