Hi End Gear Prices

RAZZELL

The best price would be through Capa Digi, you can google their number....

But it is worth mentioning that most of the shops selling SLR gear at muh discounted ppices do sell direct Imports from Japan or Singapore or Hongkong, with no Thailand Warranty. In case of trouble you have to deal with the buyer, which in case of Capa should be ok, as long as you dont mind waiting 1 month or more for them to send the gear abroad for repair and have it returned ....

I bought my 7D at Capa for about 6000 Baht cheaper than elsewhere at that time, but I am aware there is a risk involved. So far no problems.

But it is worth mentioning that most of the shops selling SLR gear at muh discounted ppices do sell direct Imports from Japan or Singapore or Hongkong, with no Thailand Warranty. In case of trouble you have to deal with the buyer, which in case of Capa should be ok, as long as you dont mind waiting 1 month or more for them to send the gear abroad for repair and have it returned ....

Do those retailers that sell direct import (or gray import) from Japan or Singapore explain at point of sales that the products don't come with warranty valid in Thailand? And cameras bought in Japan usually comes with owner's manual in Japanese language only, unless you buy it at duty-free shop. Do they supplement that with English manual? And how do Capa's price compare with Fotofile or World Camera?

Edited by Nordlys

When buying my 7D at Capa. the owner was straight forward (after I asked him about warranty). It came with Japanese Handbook, but the manual is downloadable, so no big deal. I printed it out on A4, much easier to read than the microformat Canon is giving.

As said, at time of purchase I paid about 9000 Baht less than the published Fotofile price, and about 6000 less than the best offer for Thailand Warranty I could find.

As I did some shopping at Capa before, and was always positively surprised about their service and aftersales policy, I decided to risk it. So far so good.

Edited by Sunny Valentine

Bought from Pix One, right across from Capa Digi in Fortune Town. Picked up a D90 and 18-200mm VRII for about 16k baht less than I could find elsewhere. They send to Nikon Thailand service center if there's an issue. But they do not have high-end gear, or didn't when i was there. Capa is similarly priced and as poster above stated, they disclose warranty info. I went with Pix One because they send to Thailand, not Japan as Capa does in case of warrantied repair.

Do an eBay search on what you want, and the best price will be about what Capa or Pix One offers...

Bought from Pix One, right across from Capa Digi in Fortune Town. Picked up a D90 and 18-200mm VRII for about 16k baht less than I could find elsewhere. They send to Nikon Thailand service center if there's an issue. But they do not have high-end gear, or didn't when i was there. Capa is similarly priced and as poster above stated, they disclose warranty info. I went with Pix One because they send to Thailand, not Japan as Capa does in case of warrantied repair.

Do an eBay search on what you want, and the best price will be about what Capa or Pix One offers...

• 4 weeks later...
Bought from Pix One...for about 16k baht less than I could find elsewhere...They send to Nikon Thailand service center if there's an issue.

Some missing information here. They send it to Nikon, is not the same as Nikon honoring the warranty. Could you explain?

Bought from Pix One...for about 16k baht less than I could find elsewhere...They send to Nikon Thailand service center if there's an issue.

Some missing information here. They send it to Nikon, is not the same as Nikon honoring the warranty. Could you explain?

Cannot explain, that is what I was told. I'm not real concerned. What percentage of cameras have to go back under warranty anyway? Maybe 1%? All these posts back and forth about something that probably has less than 1% chance of happening?

The store was real BUSY with Thais. So was Capa. They are doing something right.

Good luck...