Best Agent For Seeling Home Chiangmai

Many many free portals on the web where you can advertise by yourself for free, craigslist, prakard and many many others of the same ilk, a good sign outside your property, small ad's etc. etc. and of course dont forget ThaiVisa classifieds.

Good luck!

Many many free portals on the web where you can advertise by yourself for free, craigslist, prakard and many many others of the same ilk, a good sign outside your property, small ad's etc. etc. and of course dont forget ThaiVisa classifieds.

Good luck!

yes...with sooooo manyyyyyyyy how do potential buyers find our property...any suggestions ?

• 3 weeks later...

My personal experience with using real estate agents is a total waste of time and energy. They will have properties listed on their website, and they don't exist when you want to see them. I think this is because they either don't update their websites, and don't take off properties that are no longer available. Other's will have books in their office with listings, and they can't deliver on showing you the properties. Others will make a time for an appointment and not even bother to show up for the appointment or call to let you know they are canceling the appointment. Others will show you what they have--it probably won't be in the area you want, the price you want to pay, or even basically the type of accommodation you want.

I have found that going around with a Thai, and calling numbers on the outside of gates and houses is the best way to find a property. It takes a lot of legwork and time, but in the end, if you are patient you will find what you really want.

My personal experience with using real estate agents is a total waste of time and energy. They will have properties listed on their website, and they don't exist when you want to see them. I think this is because they either don't update their websites, and don't take off properties that are no longer available. Other's will have books in their office with listings, and they can't deliver on showing you the properties. Others will make a time for an appointment and not even bother to show up for the appointment or call to let you know they are canceling the appointment. Others will show you what they have--it probably won't be in the area you want, the price you want to pay, or even basically the type of accommodation you want.

I have found that going around with a Thai, and calling numbers on the outside of gates and houses is the best way to find a property. It takes a lot of legwork and time, but in the end, if you are patient you will find what you really want.

thanks for that dear,, but we are selling not buying,,

anyway your message still probably applies..

use everyone and trust no one, i would make sure that as many people as possible are aware that the property is on the market, use estate agents, the web, telephone poles, big signs out of the property, talk about it with as many people you can starting with friends, etc, good luck with it :)

use everyone and trust no one, i would make sure that as many people as possible are aware that the property is on the market, use estate agents, the web, telephone poles, big signs out of the property, talk about it with as many people you can starting with friends, etc, good luck with it :)

hi, sound like you know what your talking about..

any idea where i can find a 'sample' Sales Contract - preferrably in Thai and English translation..

I just posted this question as well - we have given our property to sooo many agents and even agents abroad seem to network back to the same agents we already have listed the property with, to no avail. Very easy to buy... but not so easy to sell.... We have a sign as well (although it is in a secure estate so no people really taking drives past the house) and we have also tried on various websites.... one close buyer but decided to return to Germany and not buy at all in Thailand - other than that, nothing.... it is soooo hard... would love to hear of some that have actually sold their established homes. Ours is 4 years old now with an amazingly lush tropical garden, which I would think is so more appealing that the new places with sand and no garden at all... but.. still we battle along.

any idea where i can find a 'sample' Sales Contract - preferrably in Thai and English translation..

I am sure someone here must have something you can use, c'mon guys, any takers here? you just need a scanner.... however if you can't get it from here, just try a local agent and give them a small tip for the photocopy, perhaps you can take the chance to let them try to sell your property too

Hello HuaHinDreamsHolidayVilla, is your property having a dream's villa pricetag as well? that might be a deterrent to many potential buyers, you know? perhaps a dream price (from the buyer prospective) might work, or what about creating 2 or more smaller indipendent properties from what you got? surely this mean investing even more cash but at the same time you expand your audience... good luck!

hi, sound like you know what your talking about..

Hi - I own several properties in Chiang Mai - I would tend to 'Blitz' them all - there are only one or two I would NOT recommend but most are fine. Be very careful when discussing terms and conditions - they can be very slippery beasts

What are you looking for? I have many contacts with all of the owners/agents in Chiang Mai - PM with specifics if you need assistance.

I just posted this question as well - we have given our property to sooo many agents and even agents abroad seem to network back to the same agents we already have listed the property with, to no avail. Very easy to buy... but not so easy to sell.... We have a sign as well (although it is in a secure estate so no people really taking drives past the house) and we have also tried on various websites.... one close buyer but decided to return to Germany and not buy at all in Thailand - other than that, nothing.... it is soooo hard... would love to hear of some that have actually sold their established homes. Ours is 4 years old now with an amazingly lush tropical garden, which I would think is so more appealing that the new places with sand and no garden at all... but.. still we battle along.

Drop your price to a realistic level, one that takes current market realities into account. Perhaps what you are actually saying is that you have not been able to profit If it is priced right it will sell. When it is priced correctly, make that price known to anyone who might be interested. If you bought at the top of the housing bubble (2005-2007), you will be very fortunate to not lose money on the transaction.

Drop your price to a realistic level, one that takes current market realities into account. Perhaps what you are actually saying is that you have not been able to profit If it is priced right it will sell. When it is priced correctly, make that price known to anyone who might be interested. If you bought at the top of the housing bubble (2005-2007), you will be very fortunate to not lose money on the transaction.

I agree... I never buy to make capital gain (revenue from rents only) dont expect to make a profit - sell for what you paid - I know many, many people who did/do just that. Don't buy here for gains - it's unlikely to happen (there are exceptions with folk just off the plane etc.) - when did you buy? how much? what are you trying to sell for?