Goodwill On The Mean Streets Of Pattaya

sharecropper

I saw these fine lads collecting outside South Pattaya Market for the victims of the Haiti earthquake, wished to take a photo for posterity and decided it was worth 20 baht into the box.

Having lived here a while I did perform rigorous due diligence on these fellows before donating, but I am delighted to say they came up smelling of roses:

ME: 'This go Haiti ching ching?"

THEM: "chai chai".

I did wonder why it was only written in English on the box though, and why one of their mates came up to them in a quiet moment, peered in and had a laugh.

But I know they are doing a fine job, and this photo serves as a timely reminder to donate to the Haiti appeal (although maybe not like this).

post-25623-1264002041_thumb.jpg

Not to be a a no-it-all, but wouldn't the correct way to ask would have been "jing law" or "jing ru" rather than "jing jing"? Jing jing is a statement rather than a question, I believe.

Thanks. I KNEW there was something not quite right about this transaction!

Not to be a a no-it-all, but wouldn't the correct way to ask would have been "jing law" or "jing ru" rather than "jing jing"? Jing jing is a statement rather than a question, I believe.

Not wishing to be a no-it-all either but....shouldn't it be a 'Know-it-all'-----sorry guys, couldn't resist.

Not wishing to be a no-it-all either but....shouldn't it be a 'Know-it-all'-----sorry guys, couldn't resist.

nit picker or could it be a knit picker :)

yea if you wanted to sound like a katoey I guess that is the correct way to say it.

great photo :)

yea if you wanted to sound like a katoey I guess that is the correct way to say it.

great photo :)

great photo :D

The bit I cropped with their faces said it all, but I thought it might be beyone the pale if I left them on the photo when I posted on the site.

Funnily enough they took a photo of ME putting my money in the box. You can see the camera in the guy on the left's hand.

Edited by sharecropper