Japa High Spec Used Cars Which I Dont See In Thailand

gravion

Hiya, anyone know where in thailand they sell used japanese high spec cars? or even as brand new...

i've never seen skyline, rx7, integra, nsx, silvias, altezza, imprezza, legacy... have seen 1-2 lancer evolution, cefiros, and some civics... ive seen toyota MR2 once...

also as for us/euro cars... ford falcon turbo, some v8, Golf GTi, ford/skoda rally tuned cars would be mean? is it to do with regulation on importing? like safety, too powerful, oldies etc... in some countries GTR cars are prohibited...

also blow off valves... are they restricted here?

as well maintaing would be really hardout i suppose...

gotta put some turbo and change the exhaust on HONDA CITY BRUH

Edited by gravion

They are here, not a lot of them, I mean, with the insane import tax you're still looking at 3million+ for a R34 Skyline...

"regular" (i.e. not stinking rich) gearheads tend to stick to more affordable options... Hence the abundance of modded A31 Cefiros, older Lancers, Civics, etc, which can be made to have a lot of go for not sooo much dough...

If you don't mind the ocntent in Thai, this is probably the best performance car related site in Thailand: http://rcw.ms/

've never seen skyline, rx7, integra, nsx, silvias, altezza, imprezza, legacy... have seen 1-2 lancer evolution, cefiros, and some civics... ive seen toyota MR2 once...

All those car you can find here but the price is always high, sometime ridiculous:

one2car.com

also blow off valves... are they restricted here?

No

www.infinitycar.net got great list, but i think these are all maintained by their company. they are dead right overpriced... and most of them are below 1997 model. i would imagine they would be a breakdown nightmare...

brand new cars are cheaper and reliable and clean. similar performance as well.... im newbie but if i put a huge turbo, cooler on my city's vtec i think i would get close to 200hp right?

also average thais earning is like 10k right...? how is that even possible for them to own...

Edited by gravion

im newbie but if i put a huge turbo, cooler on my city's vtec i think i would get close to 200hp right?

For this kind of engine you can use supercharger which will cost you about 200K with all mods. And you'll get less than 200hp

also average thais earning is like 10k right...? how is that even possible for them to own...

On the last motor show 25K cars sold out. During 11 days

All of the cars you mentioned exist in Thailand- there are just not very many around as demand fell off steeply after the tax rates on cars were hiked in the 90s. I used to own a UK-spec imported Supra in Thailand and the TRD garage where i'd get it serviced estimated that there were somewhere between 75 and 100 examples in the country. That's going back about 8 years now so I expect that number is less now.

If you check out the weekly car mags you'll see listings for these models, and the various used car websites typically have a lot. Beware of Evos- many are modified Lancers so you should check what's on the title. Regardless of the story you're told about changing chassis numbers etc unless the title says its an Evo, it's not an Evo and should be priced accordingly.

but the engine will be the actual evolution ones? ive seen those bmws, with JZ1? supra engines...

i've also seen somewhere, ferrari look a like MR2 or MRS... lol

im not really that much into cars,because of costs... but i wouldnt mind driving skyline or honda prelude 90s model body with 3 cylinder 660cc suzuki alto engine in it!!! i think around 50hp... with exhaust that make it sound like the car is actually HARD.... lol

ive also heard engine transplant from diff makers are really a hassle and costs heeeeps

also insurance etc etc... bugger.. car hobbies are costly and deadly

i will prolly finish my life without a time of HARD car modifying. meanwhile i will be happy with me 125cc motosai and honda city SOHC iVTEC....90hp driving HARD on the road...