American Getting Non-o Visa From Hull

Been reading TV for quite sometime and this topic always comes up with both pros and cons.

My opinion on this is: When you're in a host country - you should always have your passport with you - unless (of course) you have dual nationalities with two passports. Doing this could be problematic and (maybe) illegal... just my opinion - what do you think?

If you are in the UK and mail your passport for a visa it should not be that big a problem. People do that all the time. If you are arrested for something you should have a secondary ID or copy to provide - they would be able to retrieve your passport if it were real serious.

If you are in the UK and mail your passport for a visa it should not be that big a problem. People do that all the time. If you are arrested for something you should have a secondary ID or copy to provide - they would be able to retrieve your passport if it were real serious.
But if you have to be in UK as well, otherwise it's illegal

But if you have to be in UK as well, otherwise it's illegal
I agree with you... only for those who circumvent the system e.g: someone who is in Thailand or Singapore sends their passport to a friend in England who then sends it on to the Thai Consulate in Hull.

Sorry to burst your bubble about the mistaken info you posted BUT;

There is NO rule that says you must be in the UK to apply for a thai visa at Hull or any other thai consulate/embassy in the UK.

The THAI rule only states you cannot apply for a visa in another countries thai consulate or embassy while you are still IN thailand.

As evidenced from this email I received from Hull when asking about applying for and receiving a thai visa while residing in a neighboring EU country, you can see Hull has NO reticence in issuing them to people out of the UK, AT ALL.

I live in an neighboring EU country and wish to secure a One Year, Multi Entry, Non-Immigrant, Type O Visa to visit friends in Thailand.

Can I post it to you and have it returned even though I don’t reside in the UK? I read somewhere that mail in applicants must be postmarked from inside the UK.

Thank you in advance for the quick answer,

Tod

Thank you for your enquiry

Yes you can apply from a EU country please confirm which country you are from, please allow more time though for sending to us and when we send back you have to allow 3-5working days.

Regards

Being in Singapore, Philippines, or any other country and sending your passport is not covered by nor against any thai law. (Of course I'd have copies of the relevant passport pages while residing in what ever country you choose as your real passport is winging it's way to the UK and back.) I know more people than I care to count who've went to the Philippines for 10 days while their passport were sent on to the UK and Hull to get a Non-Immigrant Type O visa and they've been doing it for many years.

The number of erroneous posts concerning what is legal and what isn't simply wobbles the mind :) . You'd think the forum was composed of only international travel/law solicitors (or in the US we call them lawyers).. :D

Edited by tod-daniels