Where Can I Hire A Boat?

Hi guys. I am getting married 14th February and we had planned to get married on a boat. When we went to pay today the owner had decided to increase the price by almost double what we had arranged and so now we are left with 3 weeks to find somewhere to get married. Does anyone know anyone who hires boats out? We would ideally like one for the afternoon of 14th February just to sail around the island for a few hours. There are approximately 40 people attending. Really hope someone can help! :)

You can always get married at a beautiful villa in the hills overlooking Lippa Noi beach and the Ang Thong marine park then an evening cruise around the island on an old Chinese Junk boat ? PM me for more details if this sounds up your steet :) Enjoy your wedding day whatever you decide.

Deleted a post which was a fair reply to a remark I had to edit. Reading it after edit wouldn't have made much sense.

Just a reminder again to posters:

1) To respect fellow members.

5) Not to post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling.

Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

6) Not to post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel.

Defamation is the issuance of a false statement about another person, which causes that person to suffer harm. Libel involves the making of defamatory statements in a printed or fixed medium, such as a magazine or newspaper.

Deleted a post which was a fair reply to a remark I had to edit. Reading it after edit wouldn't have made much sense.

5) Not to post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling.

Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

6) Not to post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel.

Defamation is the issuance of a false statement about another person, which causes that person to suffer harm. Libel involves the making of defamatory statements in a printed or fixed medium, such as a magazine or newspaper.

Roo, the nautical term for powerboats is "stinkboats" Now you know

Sorry Crusty, but to a layman like myself & many other members, it came across differently.

So you have a yacht, is that power or sail? All I know is what I see, big racing yachts, say Syd - Hobart & luxury yachts , say like the one in the picture, all called yachts.

A power boat to me is a small 35 foot & under. Never in my whole life have I heard the term stink boat, which I assume now it means it has only engines & no sails.

But then I have learned something today. :)

Sorry Crusty, but to a layman like myself & many other members, it came across differently.

So you have a yacht, is that power or sail? All I know is what I see, big racing yachts, say Syd - Hobart & luxury yachts , say like the one in the picture, all called yachts.

A power boat to me is a small 35 foot & under. Never in my whole life have I heard the term stink boat, which I assume now it means it has only engines & no sails.

But then I have learned something today. :)

No probs pal but in your spare time tap into www.sailinganarchy.com for some insights on yachties

Yeah; the Raja ferry is probably the best choice here: enough place for all your guests up to 400 people, catering on board, large parking area, experieced crew, no need to make a contract. etc etc.

40 people guys not 400. Do people not read the OP ?

Hi everyone.

Thank you so much for all the replies. The wedding party is for 40 people but we can cut the people on the boat down to 15 if needs be. I have followed up a few of the comments on here, still have a few people to phone etc to try and find one with an affordable price. Have had some great ideas too from H20 Dunc (have emailed you not sure you got it) and others on here, though not sure I want to take everyone on the seatran for a day haha.

If anyone else knows of any boats please let me know, any phone numbers people have sent me I will start phoning tomorrow for costs etc. Thanks again :)