Broadband In Phetchabun - Recommendations?

WeeGB

Hi, Anyone got experiences of broadband in Phetchabun, which is the best service?

My wife asked at TOT, but they tried to get her to sign up for some "international broadband", at higher prices, which she didn't really understand, and frankly neither do I. Also, do thai broadband companies have and enforce download limits?

Thanks

The only service I have used there is CAT cdma which has been surprisingly good - but maybe not really qualified to be broadband. I have a feeling that getting good broadband will be a challenge in Phetchabun, I have found my little CAT usb device to be faster than most internet shops (sadly).

I hope somebody has some good experience with real broadband that they can share as I would also be interested.

International Broadband means that you got a fast connection for overseas browsing and downloading. Outside of bangkok i suggest you 16.000 Mb/s True Internet connection for around 2000 to 2300 Baht/month. One time only installation fee for around 1000 or 2000 Baht.

International Broadband means that you got a fast connection for overseas browsing and downloading. Outside of bangkok i suggest you 16.000 Mb/s True Internet connection for around 2000 to 2300 Baht/month. One time only installation fee for around 1000 or 2000 Baht.

I expect the True 16Mb/s is not widely available unless you live in a few select spots of Thailand. Heck, even in Bangkok, the 16Mb/s is only available in a few select areas "if True services that area." But if you live in one of the select spots, I expect the 16Mb/s service is good stuff...wish I could get it. I live in western Bangkok and True don't service my particular area/spot. I use JI-Net (now JasNet) 2MB service over a TOT line and get solid 24/7 international/intra Thailand speed...wish the speed was much higher, but I'm just living in the wrong spot. :)

Thanks for replying, can't get True up here, (probably just as well at those prices) :) .

i have used cat cdma and tot. cdma is by far the best. cant get true where i live.

Again, thanks for the reply, I take it that this cat cdma is one of these plug in usb devices?

(After re-reading that last sentence, I feel like I've learned a new language - abbreviation speak). :)

Is this what they call a "dongle"?

Did you buy this in Phetchabun?

Thanks to all who replied to my query.

TOT were, according to my wife, trying to get her to sign up to their "international broadband", especially when they heard her "farang" surname, but I've read a few comments that the actual connections are nowhere near what they advertised, and I didn't want to sign up to a long term contract.

Hopefully I'll be able to get hold of one of these cat cdma wotsits, anything has to be an improvement on 33.6 kbps dial up.