Who Is Here The Longest On A Non Imm O ?

Strange question as the longest you can stay is 15 months or 450 days but you'd have to leave to renew your visa so it's kind of expensive. I did it for fiev years, not aware of any time limit, there are better options thou depending on your circumstances.

It's not a strange question especially if you are under 50 and have no other option as in my case. I've been on Non-O multi for the past 3 years and just received another year (4th) last November from Perth. I believe the door is closing if you are NOT married to a Thai - this is why only a few consulates left who will grant a Non-O based on visiting friends.

I am hoping to get one more renewal in February 2011 which will bring me to my 50th birthday and eligibility for Non-OA aka Retirement Visa.

Strange question as the longest you can stay is 15 months or 450 days but you'd have to leave to renew your visa so it's kind of expensive. I did it for fiev years, not aware of any time limit, there are better options thou depending on your circumstances.

Strange answer as u did it for 5 years without finding a better option :)

As said 15 month max wherever you get it from.

For the last three months does one extend the Visa at Bangkok for Baht 1900.-?

No, you have to do one more border run.

The non immigrant visa itself can be used for 12 months starting from day of issue, so if you time the border run just before the expiry date of the visa you'll get another 90 days when returning.

Look for the "use before" date on the visa itself (not the date immigration allows you to stay in Thailand) to know when to do your last border run.

Strange answer as u did it for 5 years without finding a better option :)

I had options but chose to do this as I have dual nationality and could do it thru the mail without returning to the UK, I said it's expensive if you have to return to your country. I didn't have to, so it was a good option for me, now that I'm 50 I have other options. The time limit is 15 months. No need to thank anyone for the information, enjoy your many trips back to Hull :D

As said 15 month max wherever you get it from.

For the last three months does one extend the Visa at Bangkok for Baht 1900.-?

No, you have to do one more border run.

The non immigrant visa itself can be used for 12 months starting from day of issue, so if you time the border run just before the expiry date of the visa you'll get another 90 days when returning.

Look for the "use before" date on the visa itself (not the date immigration allows you to stay in Thailand) to know when to do your last border run.

Thanks. I didn't realize that was possible.

It's not a strange question especially if you are under 50 and have no other option as in my case

I'm over 50 and married here, but it's not a strange question to ask if you spend your time split between Thailand and your home country, as I do (and many other falangs seem to do).

The Non-immigrant O is so straightforward to get in the UK that it seems to me to be the least hassle option, even if you do qualify for a retirement or marriage visa. If I'm making some gaff with this approach then don't hesitate to correct me you old stagers :) .