Best Us Consulate To Get A Non O Visa

I have a retired friend that is based in LA the USA wanting to come to Bangkok for an extended trip.

He is asking me for the best Consulate to get a Non Imm "O" multiple entry visa.

Some have said the Thai Consulate Coral Gables Miami is the best for this type of visa!

Can I ask what the latest and best place in the USA is to get this visa?

Thanks

BB

To the best of my knowledge MOST if not all the Honorary Thai Consulates in the US, which in the past used to hand out Multi-Entry Non-O visas without a problem, have tightened their policies on issuing them. Last time a friend wanted one; three consulates said they no longer issue them for the purpose of visiting friends.

He could probably get a single entry for Non-O the purpose of retirement and then apply for an extension of stay it inside the country based on retirement in thailand IF he meets the retirement criteria.

I do believe the honorary thai consulates in the US (NOT the official thai embassy) can and will issue a TRIPLE entry tourist visa with either a 9 month or a year's validity. That would let him stay for nearly 9 months and he would border run about the same amount of times as a Multi-Non-O.

The up side is that as most honorary consulates are staffed by Americans, (isntead of thai nationals) so they are a little more time sensitive in responding to emails.

It is also my experience you are not required to use one in the area of the US where you live. If the closest one to him is unwilling to accommodate his needs tell him to try another one. In the past I’ve used Colorado, and my friends have used both Oregon & Kansas with good results.

Here’s the list I just pulled off the Washington DC Royal Thai Embassy's site, tell him to start emailing and or calling them;

Royal Thai Consulates-General, (Honorary Consuls-General)

ALABAMA

ROYAL THAI CONSULATE-GENERAL

P.O. BOX 4504

MONTGOMERY, AL 36103-4504

Tel : (334) 269-2518

Fax : (334) 269-4678

E-mail : [email protected]

Honorary Consul-General, Mr. Robert F. Henry, Jr.

COLORADO

1123 AURARIA PKWY, SUITE 200

DENVER, CO 80204

Tel : (303) 892-0118

Fax : (303) 892-0119

Honorary Consul-General, Mr. Donald W. Ringsby

FLORIDA

2199 PONCE DE LEON BLVD., SUITE 301

CORAL GABLES, FL 33134

Tel : (305) 445-7577

Fax : (305) 444-0487

Honorary Consul-General, Mr. George Corrigan

Honorary Consul, Mr. Louis Stinson, Jr.

GEORGIA

303 PEACHTREE STREET, SUITE 5300

ATLANTA, GA 30308

Tel : (404) 527-6778

Fax : (404) 527-4198

Honorary Consul-General, Mr. R. William Ide, III

HAWAII

866 Iwilei Road, Room 201

HONOLULU, HI 96817

Tel : (808) 524-7787, Hotline (808) 218-8803

Fax : (808) 523-0044

Honorary Consul-General, Mr. Colin Miyabara

KANSAS

3906 W. 103rd Street

Overland Park, KS 66207

Tel : (913) 385-5555

Fax : (913) 385-5585

Honorary Consul, Ms. Mary Frances Taylor-Kirkpatrick

LOUISIANA

320 JULIA STREET, SUITE A

NEW ORLEANS, LA 70130

Tel : (504) 522-2021

Fax : (504) 523-1704

Honorary Consul-General, Mr. Henry Lambert

MASSACHUSETTS

41 UNION STREET,

BOSTON, MA 02108

Tel : (617) 720-8424

Fax : (617) 227-2306

E-mail : [email protected], [email protected]

Honorary Consul-General, Mr. Joseph Milano

OKLAHOMA

25900 East 81th Street

Broken Arrow, OK 74014

Tel : (918) 357-2886

Fax : (918) 357-1334

Honorary Consul, Mrs. Nora J. Gordon

OREGON

121 S.W. SALMON STREET, SUITE 1430

PORTLAND, OR 97204-2924

Tel : (503) 221-0440

Fax : (503) 221-0550

Honorary Consul, Mr. Nicholas J. Stanley

TEXAS (Dallas)

13155 Noel Road, SUITE 100

DALLAS, TX 75240

Tel : (972) 934-0022 (ext. 101294)

Fax : (972) 934-8133

Honorary Consul-General, Mr. W. Forrest Smith

TEXAS (Houston)

600 Travis, Ste. 2000

HOUSTON, TX 77002-2911

Tel : (713) 229-8733

Fax : (713) 228-1303

E-mail : [email protected] and [email protected]

Honorary Consul-General, Mr. Charles C. Foster

Good Luck, sorry this was a long post. :)

Was also interested in non o visa...

Todd was correct when he stated non o visa hard to come by in US, for friends...

I just spoke with a rep. from consulate office in Texas, will not issue based on friends... if doing volunteer work, own property, if have family will do. Many of the numbers given above for consulates in US no longer in service. Tried Oregon, left message but received no response. Any luck with other countries near US.. perhaps Canada, how about UK, hel_l maybe Greenland???

I've seen many posts on this site stating Thai gf wrote letter accompanied by a copy of her pasport/ ID ... these cases involved consulates outside of US. What info. did she include... certainly not that she was going to sponsor you. Did she write that the both of you were considering marriage, that you'd stay with her???

Thanks

Many of the numbers given above for consulates in US no longer in service. Tried Oregon, left message but received no response.

Portland Consulate moved in 2008 I think it was.

Mary Wheeler

Consular Assistant

Royal Thai Consulate General

1136 NW Hoyt Street, Suite 210

Portland, OR 97209

503-221-0440

[email protected]

www.thai-or.com

-redwood

In reading the posts here regarding friendly consulates to obtain an O visa, Perth Australia, seems a shoe for issuance of this type of visa if people own property or have a thai family member. I have neither. I'm from US and the issuance of an O visa for purposes of visiting friends does not appear to be an option. The states seem to have closed this avenue down and are relucant to issue on these grounds. Why so, is a topic for a different day.

Has anyone had an luck with any canadian consulates? Their such pleasant people..... can't find anything here about their consulates

Returning to Perth, it seems more of a role of the dice as to whether you'll be turned down for an O visa based on the reason of visiting friends.

Has anyone out there been turned away or know of peple turned away from Perth for the non immg o visa based on friends only. I'd sure hate like he l to get all the way out to Aussie land just to roll the dice.

Honolulu is the best consulate to do anything. It is extremely low trafficked and a very small office in a strip mall, no bigger than a 7-11. It is run by the sweetest old Japanese couple in the world, they treat you like family and you'll spend more time talking to them about Thailand and their history (they are quite exceptional people) than about whatever visa you are trying to get - big pushovers, will make exceptions easily with a reasonable story etc.

Honolulu is probably a bit out of the way for most but if you ever happen to be in that part of the world, definitely get your visa there.

I've been getting mine from Houston the last couple of years and I've had to show marriage cert, birth cert of our daughter, copy of wife's passport etc, whereby in years past it was just the application form and the $$. I vaguely recall also having to show a decent amount of cash in the bank to be able to support the family.

Honolulu is the best consulate to do anything. It is extremely low trafficked and a very small office in a strip mall, no bigger than a 7-11. It is run by the sweetest old Japanese couple in the world, they treat you like family and you'll spend more time talking to them about Thailand and their history (they are quite exceptional people) than about whatever visa you are trying to get - big pushovers, will make exceptions easily with a reasonable story etc.

Honolulu is probably a bit out of the way for most but if you ever happen to be in that part of the world, definitely get your visa there.

Great Yan Tree, several days stop over in Hawaii from L.A. that's not a hard sell at all..... i'll look into it thanks 4 the heads up..