Airport Visa Exempt Entry Costs March 2010

During March 2010, 12th and 26th my flights are connecting in BKK for 18 hour layovers. I am going into town for hotel, food, ect. Question is the cost of this type of visa for US passport holder during this time between the no cost visa programs.

Thanks guys, your great at answering questions

but -maybe- if you get out of transit area, you will have to pay the airport tax (700 baht)again when you check in to your flight.

I thought that the airport tax was included in just about every airline's outward ticket price nowadays? Whether you are in transit or not should make no difference.

but -maybe- if you get out of transit area, you will have to pay the airport tax (700 baht)again when you check in to your flight.

I thought that the airport tax was included in just about every airline's outward ticket price nowadays? Whether you are in transit or not should make no difference.

difficult to answer, but when he is on connecting flight, it means he is only in transit, not passing immigration-

but when he goes through immigration, i think, they will charge the tax again.(i know that it is usually included)

(happened to me before, so ....)

In many airports the so-called airport tax differs depending on whether you are checking in at that airport for your departure or whether you are in transit. For transit, the tax is usually lower, and some airports may have no tax at all for transit. Don't know how it is at BKK.

--

Maestro

In many airports the so-called airport tax differs depending on whether you are checking in at that airport for your departure or whether you are in transit. For transit, the tax is usually lower, and some airports may have no tax at all for transit. Don't know how it is at BKK.

--

Maestro

Who or where is the person who actually checks that the airport tax has been paid?

Previously, in the days when you actually bought and paid the tax yourself, from a clerk or a machine, you had to show the receipt stub along with your boarding pass before you entered the Departure Immigration area.

Now? I don't remember seeing any of those machines any more, since the tax is included in your ticket, thus nothing to check.

I think he'll be OK. How about letting us know how it works out, just curious.

Mac

I suspect the ticket for check-in will not show tax paid and airline check-in will stop him at that point. Just as the airline checks for onward visa requirements.

But by the rules his ticket should include payment of Bangkok Airport tax as the maximum transit stay is 12 hours and his scheduled stop is longer than that.