Dvd Recorder Needed

L&J

Have been trying to find a DVD recorder to use for one time event. Have searched all over CM to buy one and nobody

carries them. If you might know somewhere that does sell them please let me know. If you have one to lend for a day it

(being used for charity event) of if you would like to rent one you might have I would be willing to give you 1,000 baht for the day. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks,

If you can't find one in Tesco as Thaimiller suggests, why not try downloading it as a bit-torrent? You could then burn it onto a DVD from your computer

what if its a thai tv soap/variety show? :)

If you can't find one in Tesco as Thaimiller suggests, why not try downloading it as a bit-torrent? You could then burn it onto a DVD from your computer

what if its a thai tv soap/variety show? :)

Possible, I suppose, but as he's requesting info on an English language forum I assumed he was talking about a Farang charity event. you could be right of course, in any event, can't you download Thai programmes on bit-torrent?

Hi MW,

When downloading a bit torrent there are numerous formats to choose from...avi rar etc.

I've downloaded a few so far, but cannot burn them to dvd as several dvd-burners(U-leadBurnNow,MagicDVDCreator,NTI CD&DVD-Maker 7, Inter

VideoDisc Master...) all stop stating 'unrecognized format'. Hmmm...frustrating.

Possibly you might enlighten me (others?) as to a solid course of action: what format to choose to download and what burner you yourself use? Any advice greatly appreciated. Cheers

^ i use this appl to burn to dvd format

easy to use, ive used it many times to convert many differrent formats,

i dont d/l rars if i can help it, as they could contain trojans or viruses

also used Nero which came with my PC, not as good imo, but works ok

Edited by Donnyboy

Hi MW,

When downloading a bit torrent there are numerous formats to choose from...avi rar etc.

I've downloaded a few so far, but cannot burn them to dvd as several dvd-burners(U-leadBurnNow,MagicDVDCreator,NTI CD&DVD-Maker 7, Inter

VideoDisc Master...) all stop stating 'unrecognized format'. Hmmm...frustrating.

Possibly you might enlighten me (others?) as to a solid course of action: what format to choose to download and what burner you yourself use? Any advice greatly appreciated. Cheers

Thailand uses the pal (25fps) format.

If you wish to view the movies on a TV and your DVD player does not play AVIs, than you require the following:

You need to download, GSpot, Virualdub, Virtualdubmod and Besweet so as to convert a ntsc (23fps) video and audio to pal (25fps).

Some DVD players will play all formats, but I found using anything other than pal intended to be jerky.

It is not possible to convert the United States format, ntsc (29fps) to any other format.

Then you require TMPGe Plus to convert the AVI to MPG. After that you need TMPGe Author to convert the mpg into DVD compatible vob files. use Nero to burn onto a DVD.

I gave up using Torrents a couple of years ago. Now I download from Rapidshare sites. Much easier, but a reasonable Internet speed and connection is required.

Edited by BigWheelMan

BigWheel using all those programs to convert from avi to dvd sounds like a pain I use Alloksoft .avi to dvd very user friendly and works a treat.

As for converting NTSC to PAL, grab a free program called DVD shrink, it will convert them, as well as leaving you with the appropriate .vob files to burn to disc, infact it interfaces with nero so can go direct to disc if you like.

to record something from TV?

Tell you what I have got;

I have an old Video tape VCR player/recorder in good working order. Sorry, but don`t have any blank VCR tapes.

If this is for a one off event, you are welcome to borrow it, but you need to obtain a blank tape from somewhere.

VCR takes me back when i used to work in a video rental store when i was younger......

One of my many jobs was to rewind tapes from returns from the day before, even thou we had labels on the vcr for customers to kindly rewind after watching,

anyone born in the 90s & after, might not know what im talking about :)

to record something from TV?

Tell you what I have got;

I have an old Video tape VCR player/recorder in good working order. Sorry, but don`t have any blank VCR tapes.

If this is for a one off event, you are welcome to borrow it, but you need to obtain a blank tape from somewhere.

For those in CMai Amorn shop at Icon Plaza sells VCR tapes, good quality and reasonably priced: At the back in the glass display case, usually. If not nearby. Amorn is undergoing renovation now but is to reopen shortly.

Thanks to BigWheelMan and all for your torrent advice. :)