Things To Do @ Koh Chang

nisha0901

I would be staying 4 nights at Koh Chang during songkran ...can anyone please help me with a list of "must dos and must visits" at the islands?

How is the elephant trekking out there? has anyone tried it? how much would it cost per pax ?

Has anyone tried "Ban Salak Kok's" gandola cruise ? by "Rua Mad" ??? :)

Must dos & must visits depend on what you enjoy doing.

The snorkelling is very good in the islands to the soputh. Day trips from 600 - 1500 baht/person. But as you'll be here at Songkran maybe best avoided as there will be lots of Thais snorkelling too

Good trekking to the top of hills overlooking White Sand Beach & Klong Prao beach - you need a guide.

The dinner on an old gondola trips in Salakkok Bay are very nice. But it is a long way to get there as it is in the south east of the island. If you are there in the daytime then there's good mangrove canoeing and the area is very quiet - no tourism except for one restaurant and you can see how the local fishermen live.

There are 4 elephant camps, the best and first on the island is Baan Kwan Chang in a valley in the north of the island. Prices at all camps are the same 500 baht for short trek, 900 baht for longer trek including bathing the elephant - includes transport from / to your hotel

More ideas here

A visit to the East coast of the island is well worth it, you can visit the mangroves there and have some excellent seafood ;-)

Like Changian mentioned, a lot of people wanna go snorkelling , however there are companies that go out and escape the crowds!!!

Jungle trekking, elephant trekking, cooking classes, tree top adventures, waterfalls you name it, it is all here...but one thing you really should do is enjoy the sunset every evening. They are just magical here and the best thing is...it doesn't cost you anything ;-)

Greets

WimJ

Ting Tong bar on Lonely Beach has excellent cheap food and a good atmosphere, live music starts at 7 - 7:30 every night. Down the very windy road and into the village, first right in on the unsurfaced road (or was it second right?)

• 2 weeks later...

there isnt much to do apart from taking a fishing trip at bangbao and go snorkelling or kayaking , elephant trekking ? forget it, i certainly wouldnt be interested in doing it again, the waterfall only has water in the rainy season,relax on the beach at day and drink in the bar at night is about the highlite of my day on kc