Honda Crv

Considering a 2nd hand CRV for around 500,000bht. Can anyone advise on pitfalls, fuel consumption etc? I drove one a few years ago and wasn't overly impressed but after looking around on One2Car they seem reasonably good value.

Can anyone also advise any reputable car yards (if they exist)?

Thanks.

I've had mine since new and it's now five years old, never had a problem with it as long as it's serviced regularly, honestly can't think of any negatives about the vehicle, even Honda service is generally pretty good. But you've got to buy it right and hope that the previous owner has taken as good a care of it as you might hope - I'm getting ready to upgrade and hope the gas mileage is a little better, it's fine on long runs but around town gets a little expensive after a while.

I bought a Honda City second hand. Before the deal was done we took the car to Honda for check which in the end make me believe that the odometer had not been tampered with and that the car was original and no major accident involved.

So far I am very happy with the car. :)

Good luck and be careful. :D

I've had mine since new and it's now five years old, never had a problem with it as long as it's serviced regularly, honestly can't think of any negatives about the vehicle, even Honda service is generally pretty good. But you've got to buy it right and hope that the previous owner has taken as good a care of it as you might hope - I'm getting ready to upgrade and hope the gas mileage is a little better, it's fine on long runs but around town gets a little expensive after a while.

got a new 2,0 awd in 2003. terrible milage and small gas tank gives range of less than 300km on fast highway. My 2005 Fortuner 3,0 D4d was much easier on fuel, despite much more power, weight and size.

look for servicerecord/invoices.

Unbelievably, shockingly thirsty :)

Thanks for this. What sort of MPG or LPK would you say.

It's funny I read a few reviews and they all gave the CRV high ratings for petrol consumption.

140 kmh on highway is 1,6 l/10km. Crv 50 liter gas tank gives range less than 300km on highway.

Edited by katabeachbum

My brother in law had one and got about 8 km/l. Mt honda civic with the same engine gets a fairly reliable 10km/l, the wife does much better than me though! They go for 450-550K in the second hand market at the moment. They are 200kg lighter then the crv also, so are faster. I'd only go for the crv if you really need the cargo space.

My brother in law had one and got about 8 km/l. Mt honda civic with the same engine gets a fairly reliable 10km/l, the wife does much better than me though! They go for 450-550K in the second hand market at the moment. They are 200kg lighter then the crv also, so are faster. I'd only go for the crv if you really need the cargo space.

when I got mine in 2003 gas was almost free, like 15 baht/litres. but the range gave problems when driving at night

Ford Escape and Mazda Tribute? are just as thirsty, so if you need a top 500 baht suv, there arent many options. None of them are any good off road

I replaced my crv in december 2004 with a Vigo 4x4 auto 3,0 4 door, and saved more than 50% on fuel

Edited by katabeachbum

True. Assuming you need the cargo space and other features of an SUV, CR-V is not a bad choice. The mileage is much lower than a civic understandably, but is comparable with other SUVs AFAIK. My wife drives a CR-V 2002 (older model) for a while now, no complaints whatsoever. On highways, I usually try to keep around 100kmph as the drag is pretty high at high speeds (plus I dont feel comfortable at high speeds on a SUV), and easily do 500kms per tank. Haven't got recent data for city running, but should be 7-8km/l.

All in all, I believe regular maintenance makes a big difference. Check the condition well before buying.

btw, this car is for sale below 500k (see "Cars for sale"). Also, the older model in 2002 is 70-100k cheaper than the newer model.

Hi CHiang Mai did you get my last message?