Tourist Police Conference.

The Tourist Police will hold a meeting at Al Resort, Chewang on the 26th of March starting at 8am.

This meeting is an informal get together where Falangs are encouraged to attend.

The Police would like Falangs to raise any concerns/questions they have about pretty much anything.

I will be attending this meeting and have a few questions I would like to ask.

What issues would you like discussed at this meeting?

The Tourist Police will hold a meeting at Al Resort, Chewang on the 26th of March starting at 8am.

This meeting is an informal get together where Falangs are encouraged to attend.

8am start??? this is samui! that'll rule out at least 90% of the farang population.

What issues would you like discussed at this meeting?

for starters:

why are taxis still not using meters?

why is the one-way system in lamai not policed?

what safety regulations are followed with regards to chawengs over-head electricity cables? (check them out, especially along the beach road - they are a disgrace)

why are lamai BG's less appealing than a sandpapered bellend?

They're just going through the motions. 8 AM says it all. They don't want to hear. All the posters above have said it all about the problems. It's blindingly obvious. Doh! :D Don't think I'll be giving to their policeman's ball fund this year!!! They get to wear nice uniforms but can't really do the job. No guns etc. And as soon as they go near a Thai, they get slapped by the real BIB. Disgracefull, the lot of them. Rant over :)

i don't really see why tourist police wants to meet residents, the tourist police is targeting tourists...

however i have a question or two:

why do they play hide and seek with their office? shouldn't it be in main area where tourists gather, chaweng and lamai come in mind)

in case a classical jetski scam occurs and if the supposed faulty tourist has been watching bravo UK and their big tourist trouble in thailand show comes with a remark like the damage is brown or black, it's an old one. will the tourist have a chance with the tourist police standing beside him in front of the local jet ski boys and their BIB friends?

Edited by NHJ

About three years ago there was a similar meeting in Bangkok Hospital. Reg. both questions I had also in writing the promise was given to check but I never heard anything. The good thing I took back that the TP should be addressed in all cases where foreigners are involved. This was usefull when two ladies came with all family members to get money out of foreigners who had rented a car. These ladies overtook the car by motor bike at the right side when the car just turned to the right. Nothing happened - but... And really my call to the TP made them vanish.

my main consern is not crime but accidents. i would like to encourage someone to sponser the charity samui rescue. not the people that work for BBK hospital picking up bodies and replacing them for commission.

There are volenteer rescue service currently running on samui running with no profit and fiance is currently comming from the personals own pockets. like radios cars first aid equipment.

these people are more in need than the forang tourist people. though i am not knockin the tp. they do a good job and are needed but. I see allot more people with accidents than people victims of crime.

the volenteer samui rescue os doing a very good job conderising the lack of funding and staff and sponser would benifit probably by being picked up you or your friends and saving not only your life but a huge hospital bill.

For me it seems that somebody who make a reply are still in kindergarden. First 8 a.m. is too early for some (why not stop drinking 9 p.m. the night before the meeting). Second they are criticising the contents of the meeting 10 days before it even has started. Please be fair, let the TP. have a chance, listen to what they and the participaters

have to say, after that you may come up with your opinion.

For me it seems that somebody who make a reply are still in kindergarden. First 8 a.m. is too early for some (why not stop drinking 9 p.m. the night before the meeting). Second they are criticising the contents of the meeting 10 days before it even has started. Please be fair, let the TP. have a chance, listen to what they and the participaters

It's not a matter of stop drinking the night before. Some of us have businesses which close at 2 AM. The Tourist Police know this. So they make their meeting too early in the morning so the people who really care about the welfare of tourists on this island cannot attend. So I am not in "kindergarden" as you say. You should think think before you post! :)

It's not a matter of stop drinking the night before. Some of us have businesses which close at 2 AM. The Tourist Police know this. So they make their meeting too early in the morning so the people who really care about the welfare of tourists on this island cannot attend. So I am not in "kindergarden" as you say. You should think think before you post! :)

Most people from TAT -, THA -, ATTA -, an so on tourism related businesses start working between 09:00h and 10:00h.

thats right people who really care about the island are not binge drinkers. they are all here with business. tourists don't care about these sortes of meetings. they just want to get drunk and go home. i am sorry but if the t.p really want to help they could start by making more of an effort to come to us no use go out of our way to listen to what may or may not me a load of rubbish. They could do it via an internet chat forum for 1. bit like this with here own web site. infact the opimuns of poeple that are annonamous might be moe valide and more true than people sitting i a boring meeting due to the fact they can say what is really bothering them with worrying about pssible somebody with a badge taking a dis like to you.

the TAT people and tourism representatives can manager their working shift to go meeting, so i don't think starting the meeting at 8AM is to please them.

instead of starting the meeting at the first hour of the morning, why not starting it at the first hour of the afternoon, wouldn't make a big difference for all the actors and they would be sure to see more residents(i don't talk about the drunken guys but the ones that usually don't start the day with the sunrise...)

Trapper, are you having a laugh?

No I am not having a laugh, I am just letting it be known what is happening on this Island.

As someone who is running a business here, I just felt it was important for me to try and build a relantionship with the TP

as I have custumers who are often in need of there help but are often to scared or intimidated to use their service.

I also feel that if we all try and participate maybe some good will come out of this meeting, who knows? but it can't hurt to hear what they have to say as well as what other people are concerned about.

By the way, my day starts at 6;30 am and ends at 9pm but I care enough to take the time to contribute in some way to the community on this beautiful island.

Don't we all want this place to be the best it can be?

Trapper, kudos to your optimistic views. Was the same with me when I came 9 years ago for a similar business you seem to run. Some actions for illustration: Approx. 2002: Wild sign boards - TAT asked for this in writing which was delivered immediately. In 2010 the new mayor promises to take action because he too does not like all the signs. What happened? Nothing.

Between 2006 and 2008 I got to know two District Chiefs when officially complaining about a neighboring construction site as the people behind the construction did not react to visits and mails.

Each District Chief was aware that also the building laws were not met. One of them wanted me to go to court - what I was going to do after some time. Unfortunately the lawyer got the compensation for my ruined business before the papers went to court....

Above I was wrong - two years ago (not three) there was this meeting with Tourist Police, Immigration, TP voluteers and Farangs at Bangkok Hospital. As I wrote - still waiting for answers to my questions. But I got a business card of one officer for his transport company!

Now I am trying to keep my place as best as it can be and wait for somebody who likes it so much that he is buying my contract. Will not be too easy as the contract of 2001 is a rip-off - knowingly or unknowingly - I don't know and I am just trying to find out.