Hospitals In Pattaya

Silent Tiger

Memorial hospital at 2nd road/Pattaya Klang is cheaper and not too bad.

I personally can't recommend Memorial at all. My mother was there in September last year and the doctor had to admit that he was unable to help her. We had to transfer her by Bumrungrad ambulance to their Bumrungrad Hospital in Bangkok to get her stabilized.

My wife was there for a cold with headache in early January. Her doctor was so incompetent and was not able to help her either. Coincidentally, it was the same doctor who couldn't help my mother. He did help her to a hefty bill which included an MRT brain scan which had to be done at the Bangkok Hospital Pattaya. Completely unnecessary we were told afterwards by another physician. To make things worse, the doctor was so arrogant, that my wife asked for the bill, left and vowed that she would never, ever return to that facility. The doctor has never apologized for his outburst.

But we do have a good recommendation, if you don't mind the short drive to Sri Racha: we have found the Phyathai Hospital excellent value for money and found their doctors very competent. Nurses and other personnell are extremely helpful and curtious. Cardiologist Dr. Sutin Chantima is an absolute capacity. It is now our family hospital.

Edited by Dario

Good hospitals here in Pattaya with a decent "price tag" are sadly non existent.

BKK/Patt hospital is very good but very expensive. My son was born there 5.5 month ago by cesarean, but you get a "package" deal so not too bad money wise, competent, good service, friendly staff and so on. If you need something like a heart by-pass, try somewhere else unless you are willing to pay top $.

Memorial is so-so, not long time ago, my very old mother in law (75) got sick and they wanted to keep her for the night, 10K bath!! I said no, so they kept her for 2 hours and got her sorted. She is by the way well again :)

Also heard that the hospital in Siracha is very good.

Also heard that the Navy hospital in Satahip is very good.

Phyathai is by far the best for value, IMHO. Been to Bangkok Pattaya and like mentioned hundreds of times on TV,very expensive, very modern yet a few Doctors there aren't up to par.

Pattaya International not so clean and almost as spendy as PBH and heard some wild stories about incompetant care.

Pattaya Memorial I had some dentistry, medium price range but distressing appearance inside dark and not modern was my perception.

Queens Hospital in Sattahip, took my friend who was having severe heart problems, we sat for 5 hours before treatment, all the while he was having coronary spasms, then the doctor wouldn't prescribe the necessary meds.Then took him to:

Phyathai and was amazed with the place...clean, spacious, modern and they had him in and testing all done immediately, excellent help and he went to Seattle for some serious heart surgery, but Phyathai even called my house the next day concerned about his well being. Plus they have nurses that speak English well and aside from that are about the prettiest of all which helps any situation. ;)Directions...head to Sri Racha,just past the Robinsons Mall turn left and go about 300 meters then on your right, and they have valet parking. Lots of signs in English to direct you.

Edited by bunta71

I was hospitalized last week for 5 days at Patttaya Memorial, was well satisfied with the medical care received as well as the facilities. It was not ***** in every regard, but then the cost was quite reasonable, too. I would not hesitate to use them again. Private room charge was 4,500 baht/day.

Although not in Pattaya but instead in Chiang mai I have spent too many nights in the hospitals there...Lanna and Ram1, the private rooms were brand new and in the 1500-1600Baht per night range,so 4500Baht seems crazy

I was hospitalized last week for 5 days at Patttaya Memorial, was well satisfied with the medical care received as well as the facilities. It was not ***** in every regard, but then the cost was quite reasonable, too. I would not hesitate to use them again. Private room charge was 4,500 baht/day.

Although not in Pattaya but instead in Chiang mai I have spent too many nights in the hospitals there...Lanna and Ram1, the private rooms were brand new and in the 1500-1600Baht per night range,so 4500Baht seems crazy

next time ime having a heart attack i will drive to chiang mai :)

I had minor (local anesthetic) surgery at Pattaya Memorial and was happy with the price.

Thanks very much for time & effort to post for me

Is Phyathai in Bangkok ?

Cheers

"Our group consists of four hospitals; Phyathai 1 & 2 in the center of Bangkok, Phyathai 3 also in Bangkok but in the Thonburi area, Phyathai Siracha, located a short drive south from Bangkok and just outside Pattaya. Phyathai 1 & 2 are both conveniently located near the BTS."

-redwood

With my Royal British Legion head on if possible we always use Phyathai, yes its far cheaper if the person involved has no insurance but still offers the same international standards as the big named pattaya hospitals.

They also send out ( that I forward to members) some very good monthly deals, below is just 1 of this months 6 specials. And no I am not involved with them, we do however get a Legion discount!! :) .

How often do you think about the health of your family?

Healthy Family Check up Program!

Promotion Price 2,590 Baht from the normal price of 5,300 Baht

Special…CT Calcium Scoring Examination (screening for calcium which blocks the coronary artery wall causing restriction of the normal blood flow to the heart)

Promotion Price 1,450 Baht from the normal price of 2,900 Baht

This promotion starts from 1 – 30 April 2010

Though time consuming you can reach Phyathai by public transport from Pattaya. I catch the bus in front of the petrol station on Sukhumvit just N. of Pattaya Klang. They run frequently, in fact there's almost always one there when I arrive. Never had to wait more than 15 min. It takes about 45-60 min. to reach the Robinson store in Siracha. Cost is 40 baht. The hospital is W. on the road to the N. side of Robinson - a 5-10 min. walk. Return to Pattaya from the bus stop across from Robinson.

-redwood

Do most of the facilities and promotions only apply to the Bangkok located hospitals, or does the Phyathai Siracha offer more or less the same levels of facilities and departments?

For instance, i was looking at hteir promotions page, and that was "Package available at Phyathai 2 Hospital only"

Penkoprod

A friend of mine spent a month in Queen Sirikit Hospital at Satthahip with IIRC an abscess on his liver. He was very impressed with the service and medical treatment and the final bill was very reasonable.

How long ago? I was there 2009 and was not impressed by the service. It was my understanding that most of the good doctors left a couple of years ago.

No, Si Racha.

also in Bangkok :)

We had our baby there, overall a good experience. Would go there again if I ever have to, less of a rip-off joint than some of the hospitals in Bangkok.

Though time consuming you can reach Phyathai by public transport from Pattaya. I catch the bus in front of the petrol station on Sukhumvit just N. of Pattaya Klang. They run frequently, in fact there's almost always one there when I arrive. Never had to wait more than 15 min. It takes about 45-60 min. to reach the Robinson store in Siracha. Cost is 40 baht. The hospital is W. on the road to the N. side of Robinson - a 5-10 min. walk. Return to Pattaya from the bus stop across from Robinson.

-redwood

Could you describe this bus? What color? What is written on it for destination? What is the fare to Sri Racha? Does it make set stops or do you call out for stops? Edited by Jingthing

Could you describe this bus? What color? What is written on it for destination? What is the fare to Sri Racha? Does it make set stops or do you call out for stops?

It is blue and white with an orange stripe running the length of the bus, i.e. 2nd class bus or as known locally a "caterpillar". Also known for its very loud air horn.

Have no idea what's written on it. Never had to flag one down. I ask the "conductor" - the guy who jumps off at each stop and yells at potential passengers to hurry up and board - "ROBINSON???" and if I don't get a "no" I board.

Fare is 40 baht to Siracha - not sure if the pricing is "tiered" or not. On boarding find a seat and eventually the "conductor" will come around and ask you where you're going and collect the fare. No tickets or receipts issued.

They seem to remember where passengers are going and yell out the stops. I try to sit as close to the front as possible as you're expected to be at the front of the bus and exit ASAP at your stop. I can recognize some "landmarks" now and he has always called out "Lobinson". Problem is the curtains are almost always all drawn so it a little difficult to tell exactly where you are at times. I've asked my fellow passengers on a couple of occasions if I wasn't sure.

I'd think they'd stop anywhere there's room for the bus to pull over off Sukhumvit. Returning they stop in front of Index and then again just S. of where Klang tees into Sukhumvit.

-redwood

Thanks much. Great detail. I assume these same type buses go further south to Pattaya Tai and Thepprasit?

There's a N. bound stop on Sukhumvit at the petrol station just N. of Pattaya Tai and certainly there'll be stops at BigC and Tesco-Lotus.

Really there seem to be pickup points at any site where fair numbers of people are found, i.e. malls, wats, schools and so on.

Talked to a guy who lives in Sattahip and he asked me about my experience with the bus as he hates the drive to Siracha and was considering the bus as an alternative. So this bus may well go as far S. as Sattahip. Queen Sirikit does not have a cardiology dept. hence his need to go elsewhere.

-redwood