Aussie Tv In Bars

Aussie Kostya Tszyu fights England's Ricky Hatton this Sunday morning (Thai time) but fkin UBC aren't showing it :o:D:D

Presumably the Aussie channels will have it??? Does anyone know anywhere in BKK or within a few hours of BKK that will be open and showing this fight live on Sunday???

Anywhere that has it will have a guaranteed customer for life ..........

Thanks in advance

Aussie Kostya Tszyu fights England's Ricky Hatton this Sunday morning (Thai time) but fkin UBC aren't showing it  :o  :D  :D

Presumably the Aussie channels will have it??? Does anyone know anywhere in BKK or within a few hours of BKK that will be open and showing this fight live on Sunday???

Thanks in advance

Konstantin Tzoi - not Aussie!!!!

check out sat broadcast at Khao Sarn Road - surely they will have it.

he's korean natonal from soviet union. not aussie, sure.

Where exactly on Kho San??? Is it an Aussie bar?

I know his mixed background but he fights for Australia now......

Aussie Kostya Tszyu fights England's Ricky Hatton this Sunday morning (Thai time) but fkin UBC aren't showing it  :o  :D  :D

Thanks in advance

Born in the Russian industrial city of Serov, he moved to Australia when he was barely out of his teens and could not speak a word of English.

He turned professional in Melbourne in March 1992 with a first-round knockout over Darrell Hiles and won his first world title in only his 14th fight with a sixth-round stoppage of respected IBF champion Jake Rodriguez.

There is a place between Sukhumvit soi 7 and 11 on a sub soi called "The Down Under" I know some Aus guys who go there to watch sports. The soi is near the Subway Sanwich shop on Sukhumvit, odd side of Sukhumvit.

I'll ask a friend tonight if they have Aus. channels.

In any case, you might want to check the place out.

Thanks in advance

Ahhhh no......Zu is now an Australian

There is a place between Sukhumvit soi 7 and 11 on a sub soi called "The Down Under"  I know some Aus guys who go there to watch sports.  The soi is near the Subway Sanwich shop on Sukhumvit, odd side of Sukhumvit.

I'll ask a friend tonight if they have Aus. channels.

In any case, you might want to check the place out.

thats the down under bar ( look for the big fibreglass kangawallaby ) on soi 7/1 sukhumvit - its where I go to see my aussie sports , he has a few different channels. There is also a projector screen they pull down for big games , and they would do it for you if you wanted to watch the fight

Bob at 'The office' pub on soi 33 says he's recording it (since it's live at 5a.m.?) and will replay it at 4pm Sunday. He has about 4 different Satellites and seems to get everything. Pop by and check with him to make sure if ya like but that's a quote. He used to do this with Hockey (back when there was such a thing :o)

bahtandsold - fantastic news, cheers for that. i'll be there, and i owe you a beer.

i went to bus stop this morning but they said they didnt open until 9.30am. i offered 500 baht if someone would just come in early and put the TV on but she said she couldnt - probably best not to rely on a thai lady for timekeeping anyway :o

bahtandsold - fantastic news, cheers for that. i'll be there, and i owe you a beer.

i went to bus stop this morning but they said they didnt open until 9.30am. i offered 500 baht if someone would just come in early and put the TV on but she said she couldnt - probably best not to rely on a thai lady for timekeeping anyway :o

Leftcross....

I hope that u got to see the fight......

Hatton is very fit with fast hands, as u said !!.....will be interesting to watch him as he fights in America...

Congrats to Hatton....the best fighter one the night won....

Edited by Siam_superfly

Not live unfortunately. I couldn't even find a radio link to listen to.

I was up at 7am flicking through the Thai channels, but didnt have any luck.

I saw it delayed, but couldn't resist going to check on the internet first thing this morning to see how it had turned out.

Great fight, great result. It was Hatton's best performance and there are some superb fights out there for him now. Next time, I'm going to see him fight live though :o

You catch it?

Edited by leftcross

Leftcross....

I hope that u got to see the fight......

Hatton is very fit with fast hands, as u said !!.....will be interesting to watch him as he fights in America...

Congrats to Hatton....the best fighter one the night won....

This post has been edited by Siam_superfly: Today, 2005-06-05 17:13:18

Good fight wasn't it Siam...

Your man Tszyu is one tough bastard but Hatton is just so fit. I want to see him fight Chico!

Leftcross....

Great fight mate, great fight.....thats what we pay money to see !!....

Is Hatton a true super-welter ?...if not and he can step up to welterweight, there are some big big names out there for him now....and if his name gets known in America, some big purses await him...

I'd like to see Hatton have a shot at Sugar Shane Mosley, it will be very interesting to see whats next for Hatton.....

I hope that u had money on ur man...u would have won a fist full of baht for the TKO..... :D:D

If ur in Bangkok in July, lets get drunk at RCA and talk boxing...my shout ! lots of great scenery to look at there !! :D

:o

Siam_superfly - yep Hatton a true light-welter, I don't think he will move up for a while yet. It's weird because he blows up so much between fights, he's a real pie and a pint bloke when he hasn't got a fight lined up.

Yet when he gets in the ring he is one of the fittest boxers I've seen. He was as fresh in the 10th against Tszyu as he was in the 1st and I think that shocked your man a bit. He must absolutely kill himself in training to be that fit.

I didn't have any money on him unfortunately, I wasn't that confident! I'm a big Hatton fan but Tszyu has always been a class act and I knew he was up against it.....

You're on for July :D:D Boxing, beer and birds sounds like a fkin good night out to me :o

Siam_superfly - yep Hatton a true light-welter, I don't think he will move up for a while yet. It's weird because he blows up so much between fights, he's a real pie and a pint bloke when he hasn't got a fight lined up.

Yet when he gets in the ring he is one of the fittest boxers I've seen. He was as fresh in the 10th against Tszyu as he was in the 1st and I think that shocked your man a bit. He must absolutely kill himself in training to be that fit.

I didn't have any money on him unfortunately, I wasn't that confident! I'm a big Hatton fan but Tszyu has always been a class act and I knew he was up against it.....

You're on for July  :D  :D Boxing, beer and birds sounds like a fkin good night out to me  :D

Cool...route 66 :o ..I will pm" u next month... :D

Edited by Siam_superfly