Thai Election Plan Scrapped As Tensions Rise

spacemand

If you read the whole article, it didnt say that the election date was abandoned.

Abhisit just said to the reds, 'If you dont agree with the 5 points, then you are not being truthful and loyal to the country, and you do not actually want to help the country'

He also threatened to cut power and water supply. I heard that the protesters found a way around it using fire hydrants and a power generator.

BTW...the article is basically saying the same thing as the article in the news clipping section called "Thai AUthorities to Sever Red Shirt supplies..."

THis topic is probably going to be closed soon, due to the policy about politics in the 'general' section.

If you read the whole article, it didnt say that the election date was abandoned.

Abhisit just said to the reds, 'If you dont agree with the 5 points, then you are not being truthful and loyal to the country, and you do not actually want to help the country'

He also threatened to cut power and water supply. I heard that the protesters found a way around it using fire hydrants and a power generator.

BTW...the article is basically saying the same thing as the article in the news clipping section called "Thai AUthorities to Sever Red Shirt supplies..."

THis topic is probably going to be closed soon, due to the policy about politics in the 'general' section.

read the article again. it states clearly that the redshirts did or would not accept the 5 points and the election offer so now it is withdrawn. try reading what is written before babbling

read the article again. it states clearly that the redshirts did or would not accept the 5 points and the election offer so now it is withdrawn. try reading what is written before babbling

I guess it makes sense for a proposal to be withdrawn if is deem to be ineffective. Plus why reword people who don’t give a shit about anyone else and they keep showing with contempt

Didn't see it posted that the Nov. election were scrapped.

While they did not make it clear in this article, paraphrasing that other Thailand English language newspaper we are not allowed to quote:

Prime minister's secretary-general Korbsak Sabhavasu said in a television interview on Wednesday that the election date tentatively set for Nov 14 will be scrapped if the red shirt rally still continues after today.

So, since the reds haven't left, we can conclude that the Nov. 14 election date is now abandoned.

We are back to the beginning. No deals, no cooperation and no expectations among the various players. Just squatters in the middle of the city and a lame duck administration who won't do anything about it.

Edited by gregb

Didn't see it posted that the Nov. election were scrapped.

While they did not make it clear in this article, paraphrasing that other Thailand English language newspaper we are not allowed to quote:

Prime minister's secretary-general Korbsak Sabhavasu said in a television interview on Wednesday that the election date tentatively set for Nov 14 will be scrapped if the red shirt rally still continues after today.

So, since the reds haven't left, we can conclude that the Nov. 14 election date is now abandoned.

We are back to the beginning. No deals, no cooperation and no expectations among the various players. Just squatters in the middle of the city and a lame duck administration who won't do anything about it.

let them sit in the rain if they want, but block more people coming and try to arrest the extreemists bit by bit. after next millitary reshufle abhist this time will put in the right man in for the job and clear out the watermelon then can catch regonal violent reds and secure the whole country properly and maintain order for the next ellection at terms end. patience a cool head and brains is better than rash moves to play in to the reds hands by battling on the streets.

I didnt see that the election date was scrapped on that article, except for the beginning section, but it wasnt supported in the article.

But i guess its true now, saw some articles today that were supported by quotes by PM and CRES

Srry abt my post earlier.