Man Dies At Construction Site Of New Hotel Above The Central Festival Pattaya Beach

Rimmer

Man dies at construction site of new hotel above the Central Festival Pattaya Beach

PATTAYA:-- A new Hilton Hotel is being constructed on the top of Central Festival Pattaya Beach at this time and it appears the project has claimed its first life. Police are now investigating the incident which occurred on Thursday and resulted in the death of Mr. Mai aged 22, a Burmese National. At the time of the accident he was carrying a large piece of glass and was preparing to take it up to a high floor in the workman’s elevator located at the exterior of the construction.

Full story of the accident

HERE

gallery_327_1086_7880.png

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

2010-05-21

RIP as well, but the question remains - did he have a work permit? A 22 year old Burmese man on a labouring job? NO? I thought not; what a surprise. Will there be any repercussions - No. Am I surprised? - No.

He was just cheap labour, Trying to make a living, R I P . He was probably on half the wage of a Thai because he was a Burmese.

The tragic thing is that even still he was making twice what he would in Buma if he could get work.

He was just cheap labour, Trying to make a living, R I P . He was probably on half the wage of a Thai because he was a Burmese.

R.I.P - As usually is the case with many migrant workers (documented or not) - this "Use them when we need them and arrest and deport them when we don't need them" is kinda sad.

R.I.P - As usually is the case with many migrant workers (documented or not) - this "Use them when we need them and arrest and deport them when we don't need them" is kinda sad.

Beats the European way. "Use them when we need them, feed them and their families on social security when we don't need them".