Solicitor

Thaifan2

I used Tanin Law (k. Sumalee) to buy my house. As I was called back to the UK on a family emergency, I paid 10k baht to have them go with my wife to the bank, pay off the existing mortgage of the seller, obtain the chanote from the bank, register the chanote in my wife's name at the amphur and also my name as they I had them include an usufruct contract in the price. Money well spent IMO.

I've used them on numerous occassions and they have always been competent. A bit slow sometimes though.

They are on Tanin Rd which is a road off to the left of the road off the NW corner of the moat. Second one from the end which is a T-junction if memory serves me.

Cheers,

Pikey.

I used Tanin Law (k. Sumalee) to buy my house. As I was called back to the UK on a family emergency, I paid 10k baht to have them go with my wife to the bank, pay off the existing mortgage of the seller, obtain the chanote from the bank, register the chanote in my wife's name at the amphur and also my name as they I had them include an usufruct contract in the price. Money well spent IMO.

I've used them on numerous occassions and they have always been competent. A bit slow sometimes though.

They are on Tanin Rd which is a road off to the left of the road off the NW corner of the moat. Second one from the end which is a T-junction if memory serves me.

Cheers,

Pikey.

Could not recommend. Created a few problems which the land office then sorted out free of charge.

Having spoken to her on another matter concerning property, I think that Miss Nittaya Wangpaiboon of 168/48 Chang Klan Road CM 5000 would be very good. A very pleasant and obviously very knowledgeable lady with adequate English - recommended too by the British consulate.

Having spoken to her on another matter concerning property, I think that Miss Nittaya Wangpaiboon of 168/48 Chang Klan Road CM 5000 would be very good. A very pleasant and obviously very knowledgeable lady with adequate English - recommended too by the British consulate.

The lawyer I had for 2006 setup a new business for me. Her name was Miss Nittaya and charged me 80,000bt. Very over priced IMO. If a different lady I apologize, simply ask her her rate to setup a business. My Miss niytaya needed to get 5 other Thai's to sign over there shares into a blank, my wife at the time retained her 20% interest in the company which i needed to buy her out of.... Even though she did nothing- such is life- live & learn- all that nonsense. :)

Anyway i was not happy being done 80K, and paying off 5 Thai's. As after this I found that Ed from Subelt solicitors would have performed for a quarter of that sum...

Overall not a happy experience at the time... :D

The lawyer I had for 2006 setup a new business for me. Her name was Miss Nittaya and charged me 80,000bt. Very over priced IMO. If a different lady I apologize, simply ask her her rate to setup a business. My Miss niytaya needed to get 5 other Thai's to sign over there shares into a blank, my wife at the time retained her 20% interest in the company which i needed to buy her out of.... Even though she did nothing- such is life- live & learn- all that nonsense. :)

Anyway i was not happy being done 80K, and paying off 5 Thai's. As after this I found that Ed from Subelt solicitors would have performed for a quarter of that sum...

I have made several land and house purchases (in my wife's name of course) and unlike in the UK never used or needed a solicitor, after agreeing a deal with the seller do the following.

Get a bankers draft for the required sum from your bank, the go with the seller to the local Thai land office where the deed (chanot) will be changed into the name of the new owner, (one has to pay the purchase tax right there and then) after the procedure you are the new owner (legally your wife of course) taking the chanot home with you on that day, no solicitor is needed, thus you can safe those additional costs.

If there is an outstanding mortgage, then you have to ask your bank for two Bankers Drafts one for the mortgage provider, and the other one for seller for the rest of the purchase sum.

On the day of the transaction a clerk from the mortgage provider will also come to the land office at the agreed time to collect you bankers draft and in return provides the chanot for the office to complete the ownership alteration.

I have made several land and house purchases (in my wife's name of course) and unlike in the UK never used or needed a solicitor, after agreeing a deal with the seller do the following.

Get a bankers draft for the required sum from your bank, the go with the seller to the local Thai land office where the deed (chanot) will be changed into the name of the new owner, (one has to pay the purchase tax right there and then) after the procedure you are the new owner (legally your wife of course) taking the chanot home with you on that day, no solicitor is needed, thus you can safe those additional costs.

If there is an outstanding mortgage, then you have to ask your bank for two Bankers Drafts one for the mortgage provider, and the other one for seller for the rest of the purchase sum.

On the day of the transaction a clerk from the mortgage provider will also come to the land office at the agreed time to collect you bankers draft and in return provides the chanot for the office to complete the ownership alteration.

Good deal, save on the cost of the over charging lawyer whom specialize in Farangs for 1 reason only- more money.

The same as suggested above would work for a Condo, car, etc I would suggest. As ultimately your contract can mean next to nothing. Money talks- bs walks.... If someone broke the contract it takes 3+ years to rectify in court anyway- what a joke.

I have 5 outstanding broken contracts against Landlords and tenants that are over 4 years old.

Leasing contracts like in paying Key money for a business like all Thais then rent you will need contracts. And hope the landlord does not try to deceive, as has happened to myself in the past. As suggested above. Sometimes the conflicts can have a bit of the wild west feeling about them. Yet it all experience in a world that is nt our own...

Cheers,

Pikey.

That was a reasonable price.I intend doing the same thing buying through my fiance and getting a Usufruct .On another Forum somebody said that you can not have a Usufruct through your wife ? Anyway myself and the girlfriend are not marryied yet .

In the past i have bought a Condo without a solicitor ,but in this case i will use one ,and as you say it can be money well spent .

Thanks for the book tip ,PMed to me by a forum member .

My former work colleague used this company when buying house (in wifes name) and lease on a business. Was happy both times. English language not a problem at all apparently. Also had accountants able to go over a business proposition (that he subsequently turned down).

ww.chiangmailegalandbusiness.com

On Nitaya Wangpaiboon, comes recomended by quite a few embassies, what is perhaps not know by some is the esteem she is held in as a Human Rights and Environmental lawyer. She is an odd combination who at one point accused the Thai government of sending spies into "every mosque in Chiang Mai". http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/world/arch...8/01/2003321346

I came accross her a well referenced source when doing some IRC support work with the Islamic community.

Edited by mamborobert