Highest Quality Tool Store

canopy

I have been disappointed with the quality of tools offered throughout Thailand. Local hardware stores sell junk and HomePro is considered a cut above, but take for instance they trumpet their wimpy 8" Bosch circular saw with the word professional painted on it as the top of the line that has no worm drive, no electric brake, no handle bar, no nothing (sigh). This thread is not about circular saws but that is just an example as I could go on and on about how inadequate the high end offering is throughout virtually every product offering. Is there somewhere that sticks out as selling good quality power and hand tools in BKK?

Dewalt is at the rear of the Caterpillar dealer on Sukhumvit past Tesco around about soi 57-ish. (I know how to drive there but not the soi number :D ) . I can't say for sure that they have circular saws but it would be worth a look or a phone call.

Otherwise there is a Beta tool shop on Sukhumvit 71 just past subsoi 41 before the klong bridge leading Petchaburi Rd. they have other makes of stuff all higher end. It is towards the klong at the end of a row of tool shops. Parking? Opposite the Esso station is a small alley leading to a condo, discretely pay the guard 20B or not? :)

Edited by VocalNeal

Professional anything is often sold by designated importers from shophouse type locations. There is no mass market for such items so general stores do not carry. Word of mouth is generally the best source for finding what you want - ask at places that use such items where they buy. Telephone yellow pages still are good for finding a lot of such places.

You will not find much in the middle range here as there is no market - very few Thai do such work unless it is there employment - it is either cheap consumer items or professional industrial quality.

I picked up a dewalt circular saw with brake at the new Hardware House out on the motorway near Laem Chabang, The appeared to stock a healthy array of "decent" tools.

Of interest to me Ive been searching high and low for some 5/16th counter sunk pop rivets, seems they are made from unobtanium out here and need to be imported !!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Canopy...I was pretty impressed by the selection of hand tools at True Value (near Khae Rai on Tiwanon). I went in with lowered expectations of course and I haven't looked too closely at their power tool selection.

Spoonman...have you tried ¤Åѧ¹ê͵ ¹ê͵ Ê¡ÃÙ áËǹÃÕàÇ· »Ôê¹ ¤ÅÔ» Ê¡Ãà¡ÅÕÂÇ»ÅèÍÂ,Ùà¡ÅÕÂÇÁÔÅ, à¡ÅÕÂÇËع,à¡ÅÕÂǪԾºÍÃì´,à¡ÅÕÂÇÊÙ§-µèÓ,à¡ÅÕÂÇÊÒÁàËÅÕèÂÁ,Ê¡ÃÙ¼èÒ»ÅÒÂ,ʵѴ, ¹ê͵,áËǹ,ÃÕàÇ·,ËÁØ´ÂéÓ,ÊÅÑ¡? They show an impressive array of fasteners on their website but I am not sure they stock most of them. If you go to their office its just desks and phones but they were pretty helpful (I was looking for flange based weldnuts). They have a couple warehouses in that neighborhood but their main factory is outside of bangkok. I think the owner speaks some english, but I was there with my translator, err wife.

Hi Beechstreet, thanks for the link, Our purchasing Dept has approach every thai supplier of Fasteners, none can supply, I can purchase locally from Wurth Thailand (our current Fastener supplier) although they dont hold stock so there is a 3 week lead time for delivery, I ended up overnight some from Australia as I needed them urgently.