"My Thai Wife"

Chunky1

**ignore the typo in the thread title**

If I were to meet a random farang and he were to mention that he has a Japanese wife, I would react positive to this. Japanese women appear to me as attractive, honest, good homemakers, family orientated.

So the question is, what do you think when you hear the words "my Thai wife" spoken from a farang? positive or negative or indifferent reaction?

Edited by Chunky1

I honestly don't judge until I have known them for a while. Over the years, I have met a number of seemingly sweet and innocent types who would have done a pingpong show for another man with their husbands - unwillingly - chained to a wooden chair and watching for 500 baht and others who seemed very hardcore that made excellent wives.

In Thailand, you really can not judge a book by its cover.

Edited by Ulysses G.

i t hink people who use 'thai wife' are the losers who married bargirl or the equivalent of the anime geek(that would only seek out little cute jap girls) but for whatever thai has to offer, if that even exists.

a wife is a wife

Do you tell people you had thai diarrhea or diarrhea when you get sick while in thailand?

If I was actually foolish enough to get married again I would just say: ... "This is my wife, Ning" (or whatever her name is)

Who ever says this is my English wife, or my Scottish wife, or my Japanese wife? You just say she's your wife and give her name.

By saying "This is my Thai wife" you are suggesting you have another wife, or wives, somewhere else.

If I was actually foolish enough to get married again I would just say: ... "This is my wife, Ning" (or whatever her name is)

Who ever says this is my English wife, or my Scottish wife, or my Japanese wife? You just say she's your wife and give her name.

By saying "This is my Thai wife" you are suggesting you have another wife, or wives, somewhere else.

How about this is my ladyboy wife.

To be honest, I hate the terms "Thai wife" and "Thai girlfriend" and the variations/abbreviations of these. As others have said, how many other wives or girlfriends do men who use these expressions have?

I refer to the boss by her name or as "my wife." If people ask where she is from, we'll tell them. Usually the response is one of interest; but sometimes it's rude; there are dickheads everywhere!

yes as others have said why would you say this. she is your wife. does n ot matter where she is from..........but then again there are some very strange men out there. thats why farang have a bad rap from some.

not my way of introducing my loved one.

If you are in Thailand, you need to specify the wifes nationality, in order to stop everyone thinking you are some loser dragging around an old bag.

If in the western world, it don't matter.

This is assumming said wife isn't with you at the time, if she's with you everyone can see for themselves.

Edited by sarahsbloke

If you are in Thailand, you need to specify the wifes nationality, in order to stop everyone thinking you are some loser dragging around an old bag.

If in the western world, it don't matter.

Of course you do. :)

The only time I would ever use "My Thai Wife" as an expression would be to specify her special knowlege such as of the Thai Language or Thai Culture. I may say for example that my thai wife has neices that have progressed well in the Thai shcool system as in this case it is apparent that a thai would probably have more knowsledge of the thai system than a foreign wife.

u took the question literally. i was not talking about introductions, just the general connotation of having a Thai wife.

Not really true is it! Again i can see what question you are trying to ask and your not getting the answers.If i was back home drinking in a bar where no one knows me and the subject"where does your wife come from" came up and i said "my wife is thai" i can bet you there would be raised eyebrows with the assumption that she must be a hooker,sad but understandable given the bad press of thailand.

I prefer the term Mia Farang. Much more upscale.

Depending on what part of the country the term is used.

Sorry RGS, since I disabled all pictures /ads using firefox browser I no longer have the ability to post the wink emoticon. Take my word for it though.