Tesol Certification In Thailand

I've been living in Thailand for several years now and have come to love it more the longer I stay! I'm so glad I took my TESOL course in Ban Phe, Thailand. In fact, that's where I live now, just a half block from the beach. I know some people have a negative experience coming to Thailand to get certified to teach English, and I'm NOT interested in hearing their whining complaints. Instead, I'd like to hear some more positive stories from people who were mature enough and smart enough to use their TESOL certification to find the good life here in Thailand. Any takers out there?

Sounds like an ad.

I would say far away from the beach. So you can focus on the study that you're supposed to be doing.

Chiang Mai would be better than Ban Phe. What TEFL course providers are based up there? I'd say people should go with one of them.

Sounds like an ad.

I would say far away from the beach. So you can focus on the study that you're supposed to be doing.

Chiang Mai would be better than Ban Phe. What TEFL course providers are based up there? I'd say people should go with one of them.

I think you missed the point of this thread? :whistling:

Sounds like an ad.

I think you missed the point of this thread? :whistling:

I'd say he nailed it. My clue was the part about not wanting to hear anything negative. If you are going to discuss something, surely you want both sides of the story....unless...

I'm so glad I took my TESOL course in Ban Phe

brought 2 u by the good TESOL providers of ban phe ?

to find the good life here

on an english teacher's 30,000 baht salary ? how does that work ?

English teachers can earn a lot more than 30,000 baht I teach here with a TEFL qualification and usually earn 65,000 plus per month with my rent at 5000 baht that gives me a great life.

I'm so glad I took my TESOL course in Ban Phe

brought 2 u by the good TESOL providers of ban phe ?

to find the good life here

on an english teacher's 30,000 baht salary ? how does that work ?

30K gives you a good standard of living in Chiang Mai so long as you don't need to visit bars every night and/or pay for intimate company.

Sounds like an ad.

my opinion ban phe is better than chang mai. directly across from Koh Samet Island

Sounds like an ad.

my opinion ban phe is better than chang mai. directly across from Koh Samet Island

I believe your guesthouse is located in Ban Phe. I wouldn't compare Ban Phe to Chiang Mai. Ban Phe is a small ferry and fishing port and Chiang Mai isn't.

I graduated from the 4 week TEFL School in Ban Phe, and have been teaching for over a year and a half now at over 40K a month. Most schools I have interviewd with and teachers I have talked to would probably tell you that it is the certificate that matters most, not where you got it from. I also enjoyed Ban Phe, and had a really good time while there. It is not an easy course, but if you keep up with the work you will have no problems. Enjoy.

Most schools I have interviewed with, and teachers I have talked to would probably tell you that it is the certificate that matters most, not where you got it from

True.

The schools care that you're white, presentable, agreeable, able to start as soon as possible, seem dependable, don't smell of birdshit, smile and say 'yes' a lot, as to caring which TEFL provider you got your 120hr cert from, as long as it actually exists, they won't care.

Edited by thomo