Tony'S 24 Hour Airconditioned Gym - Not! Sweathole In There!

Neole

I paid for membership at tony's as a 24 hour airconditioned gym and now they're shutting off the airconditioning at 9 pm. It was hot earlier to work out in, but now its absolutely terrible after 9 pm!

Beware of getting memberships there if you work out late.

I paid for membership at tony's as a 24 hour airconditioned gym and now they're shutting off the airconditioning at 9 pm. It was hot earlier to work out in, but now its absolutely terrible after 9 pm!

Just hold on a bit longer,soon they will also stop the music and dimm the lights.I trained there a few years ago and they did it already at that time in the one near x-zite.

Just hold on a bit longer,soon they will also stop the music and dimm the lights.I trained there a few years ago and they did it already at that time in the one near x-zite.

Oh the music is off and lights dimmed already at night. I didnt mind that, but the aircon thing is horrible!

You don't get hot and sweaty when you exercise?

Agreed...that's the entire point of doing a work-out...to work up a good sweat and burn off some calories. I hate gyms that blast the air-con (Cal. WOW, etc.) and if given the chance, turn off the fans and lower the air-con if possible. Love Tony's and thanks for the heads-up about the better workout conditions after 9 p.m.

• Like 1

You don't get hot and sweaty when you exercise?

Agreed...that's the entire point of doing a work-out...to work up a good sweat and burn off some calories. I hate gyms that blast the air-con (Cal. WOW, etc.) and if given the chance, turn off the fans and lower the air-con if possible. Love Tony's and thanks for the heads-up about the better workout conditions after 9 p.m.

Its not nice in there after 9 you cant work have a good work out in such humidity, hence less calories burnt.

This gym is hot enough with the aircon on, and people will get hot and sweaty if they run around in the middle of an English winter so im unsure where that comment comes from.

I wouldn't join A gym if they didn't keep the airconditioning on during business hours.

When I joined it wasnt this way they just started the new policy this week. Im considering asking for a refund.

If it's off and I want it on, I just switch it on. Maybe there's a different system in the 3rd Road gym.

I could switch them on on earlier but now they cant be switched on from the individual units.

If it's off and I want it on, I just switch it on. Maybe there's a different system in the 3rd Road gym.

I could switch them on on earlier but now they cant be switched on from the individual units.

Really? The fans too? I'm thinking that wouldn't be possible unless they did some rewiring.

Can't say for sure as I'm not there. But if I couldn't turn on the fans and/or aircon whilst I was working out, I'd be on the phone to Tony.

Did the staff actually tell you that you couldn't have it on??

I have been going to Tony's gym for awhile now. If you send an email to Tony at [email protected] he replies and gets on to sort the problem. The replies I have got from him have all been very attentive.

I did send an email but got no reply.

Are we referring to one of the 3rd Road gyms here?

Both the 3rd roads and the walking street one as well.

I am sure you will get a reply from Tony - may take a few days.

I inquired today at the 3rd Gym and new rules is that Aircon is on from 9AM to 9PM

Just imagine using the gym without air - some people smell pretty bad enough with the aircon on!

Edited by laban

Use the City Hotel Clark Hatch Fitness Centre in Sri Racha, the air is on at a cool temperature permanently.

:annoyed:

What a Great Idea :) jk

I have my Own weights plus Treadmill at Home, more convenient then any Gym Imo.

I am sure you will get a reply from Tony - may take a few days.

I inquired today at the 3rd Gym and new rules is that Aircon is on from 9AM to 9PM

Just imagine using the gym without air - some people smell pretty bad enough with the aircon on!

Yeah now the machines are often sweaty from the people workng out before and there are flies buzzing around my legs. Damnations!!