Mail Order In Thailand?

Kf6vci

Hi Guys,

is there a bike shop which sends out prepaid parts? I have a long list of parts and hate the idea of running around and buying them in different shops, having to return to pick them up.

How do prices here compare to those in the U.S.?

A Priority Mail flat rate parcel costs $ 56.95 AFAIK with a 20 lbs weight limit and 5.5" height. In the past, I used a parts shop in WI which offers 15% off and free shipping to CA. A friend would then send a parcel to LOS.

www.louis.de has a special deal on DID chains = 4,800 Baht including 19% vat in Germany. Just wondering whether there is a point in checking prices globally, as a VW part was 1/3 in Germany.

Thanks for sharing your views,

Chris

Hi Guys,

is there a bike shop which sends out prepaid parts? I have a long list of parts and hate the idea of running around and buying them in different shops, having to return to pick them up.

How do prices here compare to those in the U.S.?

A Priority Mail flat rate parcel costs $ 56.95 AFAIK with a 20 lbs weight limit and 5.5" height. In the past, I used a parts shop in WI which offers 15% off and free shipping to CA. A friend would then send a parcel to LOS.

www.louis.de has a special deal on DID chains = 4,800 Baht including 19% vat in Germany. Just wondering whether there is a point in checking prices globally, as a VW part was 1/3 in Germany.

Thanks for sharing your views,

Chris

Chris,

My take is, unless you can speak fluent Thai to order by phone, I'd use the USA option.

I do.

------

Jackdawson, as usual, another infantile post by you.

Edited by GungaDin

after doing some searching on thaivisa i concluded that bringing in parts of lower value shouldnt be an issue and may just require some taxes wen you go pick it up.....

maybe these were old threads?

if anyone has something I should know please let me know as will be in the process of getting a couple parts mailed here soon....

DID has a factory right here in Thailand (personally I think their Thai-made chains are CRAP quality, but that's a topic for a different thread). Have you checked where the chain you want is made and the local price? If I remember right the DID 520 chain for the Kawasaki ER6n / Ninja 650R is less than 3000 Baht. (Best to double check that price- I'm going from memory which is often an unreliable source!) :ph34r:

i order my parts in germany ( hein gericke). you can get euro vat back if you send them the thai import papers. i did it two times now. both times shipment value was around EUR 700. first time i paid no tax at all (do not ask me why) and the second time it was something like THB 4.000. so all in all much cheaper than paying these local prices.