Fridge Repair Service In Cm

keo

Looking for a fridge repair service. Fridge has decided to pack it in. The light is on, but the compressor isn't running, and therefore isn't cooling the fridge or freezer.

Any tips, pointers, or experiences would be welcomed and appreciated. I really don't want to have to buy a new one.

Thanks

When you say you defrosted it does that mean getting in and digging the ice out? if so you may have poked a hole in it and lost the gas. Thermostat is not that expensive, but then getting a local with some knowledge may work out cheaper in the long run.

I have used Niyom Panich near Airport Plaza before and have been satisfied with the work. Repair TVs also.

They are the agents for many brands

Niyom Panich Co., Ltd.

62 Mahidol Road Muang

ChiangMai, Thailand 50200

Fax : 6653-278097

Try the door switch, make sure it works, if it thinks the door is open it is likely to keep the compressor off. The thermostat would also keep the compressor off. There is also (usually) an overload protection device in line with the compressor that could be faulty. If the compressor has jammed the motor should try and operate for a short time before the protection device cuts out but during that time you should be able to feel some vibration through the compressor housing especially as it first tries to start. If there is no power there check the first two, I have known a switch operated intermittently by the door body where it had been badly fitted hence an intermittent fridge.

Never seen a fridge that turns off the compressor when the doors is opened, if the compressor is turned off and attempts to start while there is pressure it will not start against the load until pressure is equalized. Turning off and restarting the compressor continually while overloaded would be bad for the compressor. many fridges turn off the fans when the door is opened but never the compressor.

Never seen a fridge that turns off the compressor when the doors is opened, if the compressor is turned off and attempts to start while there is pressure it will not start against the load until pressure is equalized. Turning off and restarting the compressor continually while overloaded would be bad for the compressor. many fridges turn off the fans when the door is opened but never the compressor.

As you say, a lot of fridge freezer types do switch off the fan whilst the door is open but there are some which do switch the compressor, I have had to work on them. As I do not know the one in question I was dealing in generalities. Unlikely but not to be dismissed.

Bought a Samsung Cooltech about 18 months ago (Lotus Chonburi City). Stopped working about 8 months after purchase, local Samsung repair agent found every excuse in the book to avoid honoring the warranty (par for the course in Chonburi City ) and we gave up on them.

It's since been to 4 different repair shops, every time worked for about one week to 3 months then failed again.

Gave up, 10 days back threw it away and bought new Mitsubishi. Samsung off my list.

Okay then will either be the defrost button or thermostat.

My older Toshiba refrigerator with the defrost button just conked off. Anyone know about what it would cost to fix if the problem is either the defrost button or themostat?

Also is this is the problem, is this something that can be repaired at the house or will it need to go to a shop?

Thanks for the input.

My older Toshiba refrigerator with the defrost button just conked off. Anyone know about what it would cost to fix if the problem is either the defrost button or themostat?

Also is this is the problem, is this something that can be repaired at the house or will it need to go to a shop?

Thanks for the input.

Far easier to change the thermostat than to take the fridge away.

So I took my fridge to Niyom, the engineer had a look, pointed to a small black spot on the inside of the freezer compartment, said it was a hole and that there was no point fixing it - you might as well buy a new one.

They offered a 3,000B trade in on the fridge, but only for fridges which cost around 13,000. It became pretty obvious that they were putting the hard sell on me, so I took the fridge to Amorn, who took it in to fix.

Thanks for the input.

Do you know about what it costs to get the thermostat replaced?

Thanks for the input.

Do you know about what it costs to get the thermostat replaced?

I know how to fix it, I don't know what repair shops in CM will charge you.