Looking For A Condo In The Airport Plaza Area......3K Maximum

nattydread

a friend of my thai lady is looking for a room/condo (maximum 3000 baht a month) in the airport plaza area or as near as her finances dictate ,and i have been cajoled into posting this to see if we can get any suggestions........thanks in advance

I think this is a joke - for 3,000Bt you will get maybe a room with fan and not much else if you can find :whistling:

Why would this post be a joke? Assuming by what he wrote, a friend of his Thai lady is most likely a Thai too, and many Thais, especially singles, live in accommodation between 2,500 to 4,000 THB/Mo. You're right, there will be little more than a room with a fan, a bed, and a bit of shelving and or cupboard space, but he never requested pools, butlers, WiFi, and 200 channels of international TV.

I know a foreigner who lives in a 1 bedroom condo in the Nimmanhaemin area of Chiang Mai at just 3,500 THB/Mo, and being a condo, all his bills are direct meaning even his electricity and water is almost at give-away fees. There are places out there where you get what you pay for (mainly Thai apartments), and there are also many hidden gems as well, for those who trudge the streets and dig them out.

Chiangmai1st, i think the best thing you can do, if you want to help out, is get a tuk-tuk to drive you around the area. I'm sure that after asking a few locals in the vicinity, you'll have more places to look at than time to look at them.

Good luck ;)

Aitch

Edited by Drew Aitch

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun NattyDread,

We'd like to add to Khun Drew Aitch's wise advice the thought that the person who is seeking the lower-cost room ... which we think is entirely possible, but will not be up to "farang standard," whatever that is ... should be out there (perhaps accompanied by your Thai friend) looking herself/themselves. If a farang is present, it's our humble opinion that will not be helpful in this case.

A place to start might be to visit Talat Thipanet near the place where the old Wu Lai Road merges with Thipanet Road heading south from the southern east-west moat road, Thanon Chang Lo. Proceeding south down Thanon Thipanet off Chiang Lo (last left turn before you reach the Buak Hat corner of the moat), look for a big travel agency on your left : at that point the entrance to the market ... on the other side of the street ... will be near ... and you need to drive (turn right off Thipanet) into the market about twenty-thirty meters to find it. Just have your friends ask a local if they can't find it.

Suggest your friend(s) visit there any time except Tuesday mornings when the place if full of people trading amulets. Talk to the restaurant owners in the central part of the Thipanet Market, and ask about places nearby.

Good luck, ~o:37;

Edited by orang37
  • Like 1

I think this is a joke - for 3,000Bt you will get maybe a room with fan and not much else if you can find :whistling:

Why would this post be a joke? Assuming by what he wrote, a friend of his Thai lady is most likely a Thai too, and many Thais, especially singles, live in accommodation between 2,500 to 4,000 THB/Mo. You're right, there will be little more than a room with a fan, a bed, and a bit of shelving and or cupboard space, but he never requested pools, butlers, WiFi, and 200 channels of international TV.

I know a foreigner who lives in a 1 bedroom condo in the Nimmanhaemin area of Chiang Mai at just 3,500 THB/Mo, and being a condo, all his bills are direct meaning even his electricity and water is almost at give-away fees. There are places out there where you get what you pay for (mainly Thai apartments), and there are also many hidden gems as well, for those who trudge the streets and dig them out.

Chiangmai1st, i think the best thing you can do, if you want to help out, is get a tuk-tuk to drive you around the area. I'm sure that after asking a few locals in the vicinity, you'll have more places to look at than time to look at them.

Good luck ;)

Aitch

Well said. My wife recently moved her mother to a better place. 3,000 baht a month plus about 400 utilities. It was a upgrade for her.

Drew you really should get out more.LOL

It's totally possible for that price. There are loads of rooms available at that price or less. But I don't know about the area near Airport Plaza. I assume that means in the vicinity of the Hang Dong Road. Where there are students there are cheap rooms.

I think this is a joke

for 3,000Bt you will get maybe a room with fan and not much else if you can find :whistling:

I think that CM-1st read this the same as I did when he posted the above. A "condo" implies something much more than a "room".

As CM-1st pointed out, a room with a fan should be available at that price in many buildings. I'm not familiar with that area but know of several nice buildings with very acceptable rooms with a/c for 3500 baht in other parts of town.