Buying A 30" Monitor In Thailand

cmason191

Hello

Am wondering whether anyone has information about where to buy 30" monitors in Thai? I am situated in Bangkok and would require some for my work. I think Apple stock them - I was wondering if anyone has seen Dell, Samsung or other brands?

Thanks

C

Eizo have a Monitor 29.8" @ 140,000 baht

Samsung have a 30" @ 44,000 baht, 32" Monitor @ 46,000 baht, 57" Monitor @ 340,000 baht, up to 82" LCD Pro Monitor @ 3.6 million baht.

If you can manage with 23" or 24" then these are between 7 - 9,000 baht... Sadly not found a big Dell any more in Thailand [maybe mine was one of the last sold here]

Have you considered buying HD TV?

I use a 40" full HD Sony Bravia as PC monitor. Cost is a fraction of a pukka monitor and for most purposes is just as good.

Choose one with HDMI input and a video card to suit.

That was my first thought too. I have a friend who uses a large television as a monitor. It works very well.

Thanks for all the replies guys

Yeah def a huge gap in the market - I am looking for something that provides the 2560x1600+ resolution.

The Apple seems an expensive choice - I saw Samsung 30" monitors were suggested; could you kindly recommend me a website or store location in BKK that I could pick them up?

C

I bought the Dell ultrasharp 27"(u2711) with 5 years warranty.

I'm running a resolution of 2560x1440. I think I paid 24-26k for it here in Thailand.

Looks like these are still here

My link

No price given..

My 24" Dell is the best monitor I have ever had, bought about 5 years ago a IT Ransit, never seen anything bigger

Edited by ignis

New apple 27" led cinema display in 2 weeks or so

Some of the Apple shops in Panthip have this unit, 62,900 THB.

I didn't see any big, hi-res monitors but then I didn't really look around that much.

I saw the Samsung 23" HD monitor (233) for 5,850 and the Acer 23" (235) for 5,590. Acer also has a 24" model (245H), mid 6,xxx THB.

Samsung has a 27" full HD (P2770H) set for 16,900 THB which might make a decent monitor for some.

Some of the Apple shops in Panthip have this unit, 62,900 THB

No they don't. It was just announced yesterday. Not available worldwide yet. I think you may have seen the old 30" Apple cinema display.

UPDATE: September release :(

Edited by negreanu

Some of the Apple shops in Panthip have this unit, 62,900 THB

No they don't. It was just announced yesterday. Not available worldwide yet. I think you may have seen the old 30" Apple cinema display.

UPDATE: September release :(

I guess these were 27" iMacs, which do support 2550x1440 and from which the Cinema Display will be constructed?

Some here up to 82 inch. InvadeIT

It doesn't look like any of those support the OPs resolution requirements? (Nor does the 27" iMac, or most of the monitors I've suggested. Also, it looks like the not-yet-available 27" Cinema Display will only go up to 2560x1440, sames as the 27" iMac, so also falling short of the OP's requirements, 2560x1600+.

Some here up to 82 inch. InvadeIT

I like a lot of what they have. They have some lovely monitors but nothing for the serious amateur, who does not want to spend 100K plus on a monitor but still wants something with a better resolution than his HDTV.

I know they are a sponsor and are tied up closely with TV but perhaps by posting this feedback they'll look to fill that the gap in the market.

Edited by quiksilva

So you have 55,000 naht for this 30" http://www.login.co....?asset=4&id=584 2560x1600 Monitor

@ 66.900 baht http://store.apple.c...roduct/M9179B/A 2560x1600 Monitor

http://h10010.www1.h...77-4195318.html 2560x1600 Monitor

You can get the Apple 30" display for 58900THB using education discount online. Or perhaps you will be able to get it cheaper next month as this model is discontinued from end of August. So you might get lucky with a cheap one that a apple dealer has left in stock.

Samsung 30" monitors are available to view and I presume buy on the 2nd or 3rd floor at the Samsung shop in Siam Paragon. I would read the reviews on Amazon regarding failure and poor response from Samsung before buying. Samsung here was unable to fix 2 19" 191T that failed - first guy said it was main circuit board, second guy said it was power supply but could not fix as "obselete" - got them both fixed at Amorn top floor fortune tower (highhly recommended. Seems capacitors fail on Samsungs - capacitor kits for 305t are available on eBay.)

"Yeah def a huge gap in the market - I am looking for something that provides the 2560x1600+ resolution."

Hewltt Packard have a 30" 2560x1600 monitor available in Thailand - be advised that input for this resoulution is via a video card with display port rather than dual link DVI (but check this)

NEC have (had?) 30" and up monitors available in Thailand - see if you can find them on the updated web page - used to be there on the old one. http://www.nec.co.th/asp/pro_display_lcd_monitor.asp

NEC Corporation (Thailand) Ltd.

2nd & 24th Floor Serm-mit Tower 159 Sukhumvit 21 Road Klongtoey Nua, Wattana Bangkok Thailand 10110

Showroom : 2nd Floor

Office : 24th Floor

Phone : +66 (0) 2259 1192

Fax : +66 (0) 2204 9666

: +66 (0) 2204 9600

E- mail : [email protected]

High end monitors are rarely on display in Pantip - you have to order them through a shop. The way I did it was to ask the shop to have them delivered to the shop for inspection with the understanding that I was not committing to buy - although I did add that I was serious and if the spec was the one I wanted I would buy (and did).