Advice Needed

Help please. The original owner of the car I bought is no longer in the country and I cannot get a hold of him. How is it possible to put the car in my name? I bought it from a colleague who had bought it from the original owner. I know it's not a stolen car, the guy has just left Thailand. Any advice?

Only way I know is to obtain a Power of Attourney (must be written in Thai) from the last named owner listed on the blue book, naming you as having authority to sign on their behalf.

If that is not possible I'm sorry to say but you just blew your money.

Even if ya can't transfer. you can still get insurance and tax each year. So as long as you didn't blow a huge amount of money on it . dont worry to much. If you can get a signed Power of Attourney (must be written in Thai) letter AND a copy of his passport with a signatore on each page plus your relevant docs then no problem.

The other way is to go down to the transport office with a Thai speaker to explain things then when ya hand over ya docs have 2,000b extra inside (tip). That should do it.

Thanks for the advice. I will try the transport office as well as the police to see if they can't help as well. ??

Even if ya can't transfer. you can still get insurance and tax each year. So as long as you didn't blow a huge amount of money on it . dont worry to much. If you can get a signed Power of Attourney (must be written in Thai) letter AND a copy of his passport with a signatore on each page plus your relevant docs then no problem.

The other way is to go down to the transport office with a Thai speaker to explain things then when ya hand over ya docs have 2,000b extra inside (tip). That should do it.

Thanks for the advice. I will try the transport office as well as the police to see if they can't help as well. ??

And how did it go ? Any news ?