Colored Sushi 10 Bath Each... Avoid!

nikkoid66

I gave a try to the colored sushi at Central's Pattaya food court (the one in front of Burger King) for 10 baths each, and I'm sick.

First time since I'm sick in Thailand, I eat in the street, in lot of restaurants, but the colored sushi are tasteless, probably unfrozen and give you a nice stomach pain and well you get the picture!

Better avoid and eat Thai.

another tip...when you get the coffee/tea etc... in the plastic cup...pick the cup a few down...since the owner has mostly likely drank out of the first one. I saw this in central too. Was going to mention this to their next customer...but she...lol...asked for the 3rd cup down...so I guess this is common huh?

There may be some kind of virus, because I got several friends (Thai and not) who got some stomach issue last week... it was maybe not from the Sushi.

I'm desperate to find good salmon Suhi though... it seems to be hard to find here in Pattaya.

Any clue about where to find some good - and fresh - ones?

ANEGO in Sri Racha is generous and very popular with the Japanese workers, though I haven't tried the Pattaya branch near Soi 5 beach road.

Next to that, Maybe Zen in Central is the best of the generics. Haven't tried Yamato or the other independent next to Tukcom. Maybe you can try and report back.

There may be some kind of virus, because I got several friends (Thai and not) who got some stomach issue last week... it was maybe not from the Sushi.

I'm desperate to find good salmon Suhi though... it seems to be hard to find here in Pattaya.

Any clue about where to find some good - and fresh - ones?

I'm very fussy with my sushi, but good sushi is easy to find in Pattaya. For starters Fuji and Zen sell good stuff, so that's at least 6 restaurants for starters. Sukishi in Central also sells good sushi.

Perhaps you mean it's impossible to find CHEAP good sushi, but that is the case everywhere in the world because good quality raw fish (salmon) is expensive. Expect to pay at least 60 baht per 2 pieces as a minimum price.

Sushi offered in buffets and the 10 baht sushi carts is inedible for anyone who knows good sushi. They're selling a lot of raw fish in those carts and with no refrigeration. Surely food poisoning would not come as a surprise.

Edited by tropo

ANEGO in Sri Racha is generous and very popular with the Japanese workers, though I haven't tried the Pattaya branch near Soi 5 beach road.

Next to that, Maybe Zen in Central is the best of the generics. Haven't tried Yamato or the other independent next to Tukcom. Maybe you can try and report back.

The "other dependent" is Osaka and the sushi there is good.