New Build Of Skype (v1.3.0.57) Released

waldwolf

For info:

Skype Technologies S.A. have released Skype v1.3.0 Build 57 of their freeware internet calling software.

skype.gif

This new build reportedly fixes a sound quality problem found in earlier versions, when using headsets (echo cancellation).

Homepage here

Download link here

cheers :o

Hi Wolfie,

do you have to do a full re-install?

I assume by above you mean, do you have to uninstall the old version, before installing the new one. The answer is no, as Skype stores your chat histories and contacts list on their server(s) as well as on your computer.

However, IMHO it is usually best to uninstall any old version first, then reboot your computer so as to "clean" the registry.

In this particular case, when the uninstall starts, you will be asked if you want to save your chat histories and contacts list. Just reply yes.

The following links provides a visual presentation of the proceedure:

http://www.skype.com/help/guides/uninstall.html

cheers :o

Many thanks Wolfie. :D

Yes, thx as well Wolfie. I noticed lately, less if any echo and better all round duplex sound. Perhaps I don't need to uninstall and reinstall?

Starting to see more and more biz cards with a skype ID these days. As my little network grows, I find myself changing the status to offline (at times) to prevent interruptions when busy. (sister calling about 'cat had kittens' etc) :o:D

Good day all!

Bought myself an stationary PC to be used by missus and installed Skype on in as well. Problem is that when I logged in to it after installation, none of my contacts appeared :o

I then updated my own Skype (on my lap top) to see if my contacts later would appear on the statinary PC at home - but NOT :D

Any tips anyone? Or do I have to add each contact as new all over again???

edh

Ehh, no I did not uninstall the one that I already had on my laptop but just went to their home page and installed the newer version. On my laptop all contacts are still there, but when I installed a complete new Skype program on my brand new PC at home - my contacts were gone... But still at my laptop thou :D

Looks like manuall asking each and every one for their permission to skype them again :o

Thaks anyway Udon.

edh,

i'm only guessing, it looks like a manual listing of your contacts again.

Did you click 'save' history & contacts when following Wolfies suggestios?

edh - Are you using the same Skype "login name" on the new computer, as you use on the laptop? If they are the same, you shouldn't need to "recapture" your contacts list. More info here: http://support.skype.com/index.php?_a=know...ondetails&_i=89

Again, assuming you are using the same Skype "login name", you might try copying the files from your laptop and transfering them to the new PC. (Skype stores the contact list locally in C:\Documents and Settings\yourwindowsusername\Application Data\Skype directory.

good luck :o

Well what do you know... When I turned on my new PC today, all my contacts appeared when i logged in to skype :D:o

Looks like there is a kind of delay with hte update of contacts?

Anyway, thanx to all!!

:D:D:D

edh - Are you using the same Skype "login name" on the new computer, as you use on the laptop? If they are the same, you shouldn't need to "recapture" your contacts list. More info here: http://support.skype.com/index.php?_a=know...ondetails&_i=89

Again, assuming you are using the same Skype "login name", you might try copying the files from your laptop and transfering them to the new PC. (Skype stores the contact list locally in C:\Documents and Settings\yourwindowsusername\Application Data\Skype directory.

good luck :D