How Much Money Girls Are Making In Pattaya

nikkoid66

Taking with girls for a while, I got these information I need to share, I think it is useful for all to understand why so many are on beach road at night...and why all girls are looking at us like the Messie.

Waitress are making about 8-12k baths a month if they do not go with clients. It is very hard to live in Pattaya with such a low income, specially if you have a kid for example. Now I give a tip, (10%) all the time, please do it too, this can make the difference at the end of the month. In some bars they share the tips, in some others, the waitress get the full tip for her, better choose one where she get your tip.

Waitress who can go with clients are making a salary of 3000 baths, the owner in general assume that she will go with clients and make more.

In general, all regular business (not sex related) are offering salary between 8000 to 12000 baths a month. Because rent is minimum 5000 baths, not counting other expenses, Thai girls needs to share the rent with others, or find another source of income.

Girls who do not want to do sex must have 2 jobs to have a 16000+ income which is the bare minimum for having a life in Pattaya. That means working 16 hours/day.

All the girls even in the nice shops of Central Festival are struggling every month to pay the rent and food, it is a very tough situation and very depressing. That's why Thais are helping each other. When one has problem they often give them 1000 or 2000 baths so she do not end up in prostitution. If you get help one day you remember it forever and will help too in return. This creates network of 'friends' helping each other. If one knows a Farang who has an empty condo, and some of her friends has lost her job, or she is just arrived in Pattaya and has no job, she will temporary let her use the condo, even sleep on the floor for the time she find a job...

In consequence it is very hard for them to avoid having sex with strangers to have the 2000 or 3000 baths to pay for the rent at the end of the month. If you don't pay the rent, you end up sleeping on the beach...

I hope this gives some perspective when you next will talk to some nice girls. :ermm:

Edited by nikkoid66

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a load of crap, I know many waitresses who work in "normal" business's and they dont make anywhere near 12,000b a month.

As for the rent what is it, 2000b, 3000b or 5000b per month, if you wanna publish this <deleted> its best to keep the figures consistent.

Edited by Spoonman

So how to the guys survive?

One friend told me that 80% of the Thai guys are keeping all their money for themselves and use it for drink, go out with friends and girls (yes)...

Girls even with a boyfriend are pretty much on her own and assume all responsibilities. That's also why a lot of Thai girls like Farangs.

You can deduct that 80% of the girls you meet will dump their boyfriend if you offer her a stable situation.

Of course if you are here for one month and go back to your country, do not expect the girl to leave everything for you. Thai life is hard enough so that they always try to have a backup solution, just in case. Some Farang will say that Thai girls are not committed but it is not exactly true, they are just worried by the future, and 'invest' in several opportunity.

If possible, you should split the money between salary and tips. That would interesting.

10% tip all the time? Tips should be determined on the level of service provided. If poor service happens, why reward it?

Next time you have a sit down with the girls, ask them write down everything they spend money on for a week or two. I bet there is a lot of frivolous spending happening which causes pain when the rent is due.

Maybe the real problem is that the wages are too low to support people living in the area, so people turn to other means in order to make money.

TheWalkingMan

What a load of crap, I know many waitresses who work in "normal" business's and they dont make anywhere near 12,000b a month.

As for the rent what is it, 2000b, 3000b or 5000b per month, if you wanna publish this <deleted> its best to keep the figures consistent.

Please read my post first, I said between 8000-12000...it is the true figure for regular business not for the one who sell soups on the beach of course.

Also for the rent, I said 5000, but yes you can rent for less, or share the rent with others, it is what I said in my post as well...

If you think my post is <deleted>, then please elaborate with real example from you friends, and make this most more interesting to read rather than complaining.:bah:

Please read my post first, I said between 8000-12000...it is the true figure for regular business not for the one who sell soups on the beach of course.

8000b would be the upper limit for non p4p girls working an average job serving food and beer, not many will be getting this, from what I see and hear 4000b to 6000b is more the average.

Also for the rent, I said 5000, but yes you can rent for less, or share the rent with others, it is what I said in my post as well...

Because rent is minimum 5000 baths............

In consequence it is very hard for them to avoid having sex with strangers to have the 2000 or 3000 baths to pay for the rent at the end of the month.

So which is it ??

Bit assumptive to state that they have to have sex to make extra money to pay rent.

Over the years have known many Thai women that would be horrified you would assume that, really shows the mindset of "nice" girls you are meeting and asking.

Thais can and do live very cheaply if they wish, again I know plenty that earn reasonable money plus have a second job yet still share beds and rooms with there mates.

As for earnings world over peoples salarys expectations and experince varies considerably Thailand is not special in this sense.

My Question what do you do to help these nice girls you are talking to on beach road ?

So how to the guys survive?

Boystown, Male Caraokes where the poor Girls will go and drink and pick up one of them, snatching Gold Chains of the Neck of Tourists, renting out Jet Skies, opening Fitness Centers and renting out Towels and selling Water there..... the List could go on and on B)

If you think my post is <deleted>, then please elaborate with real example from you friends, and make this most more interesting to read rather than complaining.:bah:

I think you need to do more research or talk to more friends, there are lots of variables in Pattaya. Other posters were more accutate in their monthly wages for regular jobs. I know some ladies living 3 to a room for 1000 baht each and they think it is better than being back in the village in Isaan. Most are underpaid but they seem to adjust their lifestyle and expectations accordingly. Sorry but I don't think with you arriving this year on an ED visa you will get away with telling long term expats how things are in Pattaya.:whistling:

Edited by gerry53

My Question what do you do to help these nice girls you are talking to on beach road ?

I have a girlfriend, I got these info from her and her friends not from the beach girls. Like a lot of girls here, when she arrived in Pattaya years ago, she had to struggle a lot with multiple jobs. Now she is doing fine, but she still help her friends who are not so lucky...lot stories are coming out when you ask questions...

I do not pretend to know everything, I'm just sharing info that I think is relevant here. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong :unsure:

r on an ED visa you will get away with telling long term expats how things are in Pattaya.:whistling:

Please share some of your info, that's the point of this thread. At least I post what I heard around me. My friends are not bar girls, they are regular girls in real estate, having restaurant, working in shops etc... so my info are what these people are telling me.

I can imagine that a lot of girls are very poor, and some end up in the street.

If someone has more info, please post your experience...and some real examples.

I have a girlfriend, I got these info from her and her friends not from the beach girls. Like a lot of girls here, when she arrived in Pattaya years ago, she had to struggle a lot with multiple jobs. Now she is doing fine, but she still help her friends who are not so lucky...lot stories are coming out when you ask questions...

I do not pretend to know everything, I'm just sharing info that I think is relevant here. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong :unsure:

So when are you handing your ATM card over ??....:lol: or have you bought the house in Issan already

About 1 year ago i took on a BG as a mia noi, we split up but remained good friends. She went back to Burriram and her sister opened a bar and she made good

$$$ servicing thai's. Her and her sister got in a fight so she quit and came back to pattaya to work in a bar. After a week of looking for work she said its very dead here

and no girls are making much $$$ so she went back to Burriram. She is very beautiful and sweet personalty.

So when are you handing your ATM card over ??....:lol: or have you bought the house in Issan already

Haha, Amazingly I got a different experience (for now) than I had expected.

No try to take advantage of me, but I'm sure that if I buy her a house she will not say no... my ex-wife in Europe was the same!

I make x10 time what she makes (x20 what she friends make) so I think it is logical that I pay the restaurant bill sometime, or that I invite her poorest friend who eat noddles in the street everyday to a good restaurant once in a time...it would be the same if I was a rich in Europe.

But nothing more...actually I benefit from her/her friend help than the opposite. Knowing smart Thai can be helpful for a lot of situation.

Waitress are making about 8-12k baths a month if they do not go with clients.

Sounds about right.

It is very hard to live in Pattaya with such a low income,

Many uneducated Thais would see 8-12k in Pattaya as a decent wage.

specially if you have a kid for example.

So you're pigeonholing all Thai girls as uneducated single mothers?

Waitress who can go with clients are making a salary of 3000 baths,

Plus 50k a month from various sponsors if they're smart.

Don't think they'll be telling you this though as they give you the sob story. ;)

Because rent is minimum 5000 baths,

You're talking nonsense.

Girls who do not want to do sex must have 2 jobs to have a 16000+ income which is the bare minimum for having a life in Pattaya. That means working 16 hours/day.

Uneducated nonsense from you again.

All the girls even in the nice shops of Central Festival are struggling every month to pay the rent and food,

I thought you only interviewed the waitress sobstory-ers.

it is a very tough situation and very depressing.

Not really. Most, in fact, virtually all manage quite happily without having to sell their body.

That's why Thais are helping each other. When one has problem they often give them 1000 or 2000 baths so she do not end up in prostitution.

Uneducated nonsense.

Did this come from a Thai girl asking you to help her poor young sister with 2,000b so she wouldn't be forced to work like everybody else, sorry, sell her body?

In consequence it is very hard for them to avoid having sex with strangers to have the 2000 or 3000 baths to pay for the rent at the end of the month.

Amazing as 99% of Thai Girls seem to avoid this.

Were you asked to help with 2-3,000b to help some teary eye'd young pretty with her rent? ;)

I hope this gives some perspective when you next will talk to some nice girls.

It certainly gives perspective into how gullible and naive some foreigners are when the come here.

r on an ED visa you will get away with telling long term expats how things are in Pattaya.:whistling:

Please share some of your info, that's the point of this thread. At least I post what I heard around me. My friends are not bar girls, they are regular girls in real estate - plenty of ex BG's doing this kind of work, having restaurant - same same, working in shops - a bit of freelancing on the side etc.

It doesn't matter IMO whether they work in a bar or not there is a fine line and making a living is what it is about. My other half, when she was a younger model dabbled on the side to make ends meet. She has her own business now and her workers get 3500 basic per month but they probably make this up to about 5-6 grand per month. The girls who work in my office (this is in BKK though) are all Chula grads etc and their salaries start at around 10-15 grand per month.

Good man, well done. It is always good to share information of one's experiences and of course on a topic like this, there will be variables. A little sad that some feel the need to be vitriolic "this load of <deleted>" and condescending "not long term ex-pat". Anyway:

I got to know a couple of charming Bar Girls, mainly because myself and a couple of buddies thoroughly enjoy a game of pool and a laugh (especially the way we play pool), and what better company to do it in than a couple of lovely and talented pool playing bar girls. I run a house letting business and the turn over of domestic staff is quite rapid - have to go home because Granny is very sick and have to take care of her, or have new boyfriend who lives the other side of Thailand, or having a baby (not mine I hasten to add) etc. They seem more mobile than a mobile phone! Anyway, back to the story. I felt sorry for a couple of the Girls having to work in a bar every night and drinking (quite a lot) of alcohol to boost the old salary, so I offered them a job as domestic staff, at 6,000 baht + accommodation + food. They thanked me profusely, but did not take up the offer. One of my Chums said they were hooked on the "party life" in the bars and there was always the chance they might meet someone who might take them away from all this and give them a comfortable life. So heyho, just another variation to the story, which I hasten to add is not a load of <deleted> and having been in the Country for 5 years would hardly qualify me as a new ex-pat:bah:

10% tip all the time? Tips should be determined on the level of service provided. If poor service happens, why reward it?

I agree, I assumed the service is good, which is 90% the case. If not, I do not give a tip.

Percentage tipping makes no sense at all. For example, why should a waitress get a higher tip just because you're ordering prime rib instead of fried rice. She does exactly the same amount of work in both cases. I tip flat rate.

Your figures are way off. I think you're being given the "sad story" in a effort to make you more generous. Regular jobs in shops and restaurants usually pay 6,000 baht per month and the girls are not doing it tough as you are being led believe. Most of them even own motorcycles.

In comparison, after seeing people really doing it tough all over the Philippines I'm never inclined to feel sorry for Pattaya girls. They have a good life here. Prostitution is a high paying option, not a necessity. I never feel sorry for prostitutes, even in the Philippines. Millions get by without it. Prostitutes are not usually looking to get by, they're looking to strike the jackpot - naive farang.

I hear your kind of story from newbies all the time.

Your gf is lying to you in order to inflate the amount of money she extracts from you (either now or at some future time).

Most Thai ladies can exist on 5000bht a month and still be sending money home from that amount.

Thais live communal lives, many sharing a room and bed.

I have seen 8 Thai ladies living in 1 small room for which the rent was 2000bht a month (so they paid 250bht a month each)

They don't pay the same price for everything that you do, their meals cost 15-30 bht if they eat from stalls, less if they cook themselves, often they are given food at work at no extra cost to themselves.

So let's assume 250bht for rent, 4 meals a day averaging 25bht per meal = 3250bht a month

Two questions we really need answering before we can make our judgement

(as you have already stated you give her no money) ...........

How many dates did you go on with your gf before you shagged her?

Do you stay with her in Thailand 24/7

Some common scams a newbie like you won't know

1) you buy item, gf keeps change (25-50bht per time)

2) gf sneaks 100bht out of your wallet when you shower

3) gf negotiates purchase for you, but price goes up, she splits extra with shop/trader later

4) she takes you to places she knows, they inflate your bill, she gets a payoff (I used to do this one when I worked as a diving instructor, my students would hang out with me and get ripped off, very common scam with diving instructors)

So let me repeat, many Thai ladies (especially with white bfs) don't tell the absolute truth. The more questions you ask, the more lies you will hear.

There's so many ways for a "gf" to make money out of a white guy, she may be legit, but she's already playing the game of inflating her monthly outgoings, as well as working in Pattaya which are both really bad signs.

Edited by sarahsbloke

IMHO I believe you are hearing a lot of stories. Doesn't mean it's true or a matter of fact. Are you proficient in the Thai language? If you are, you might hear some other stories. You're entitled to believe what you want. ;)

Granted times are tough and everyone is complaining. Some have gotten too use to the good times from a few years ago. But t's amazing how well they can survive on a limited income. For a Thai to willing to spend 5000 baht or more per month for rent, is a Thai who is living rather well. I too, feel sorry for many poor unfortunate Thais, but not for the likes of your GF and her friends that you describe.:unsure:

Maybe, you need to make the traditional trip to you GF's home in Isaan. Make a trip for awhile away from the tourist traps. Then you will get a better prospective of Thai lifestyle. Thais in Isaan typically make about 150 to 300 baht per day doing hard labor. You do the math.:whistling:

The things you are sharing are not relevant and are no where close. Yes, there a multitude of situations. But I believe you need to lose some of your farang ideas or end up being a "Fool in Paradise". Most long term Expat residents know far more than what you are observing and sharing.:rolleyes: