How Much Money Girls Are Making In Pattaya

nikkoid66

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Question what do you do to help these nice girls you are talking to on beach road ?

I have a girlfriend, I got these info from her and her friends not from the beach girls. Like a lot of girls here, when she arrived in Pattaya years ago, she had to struggle a lot with multiple jobs. Now she is doing fine, but she still help her friends who are not so lucky...lot stories are coming out when you ask questions...

I do not pretend to know everything, I'm just sharing info that I think is relevant here. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong :unsure:

Your gf is lying to you in order to inflate the amount of money she extracts from you (either now or at some future time).

Most Thai ladies can exist on 5000bht a month and still be sending money home from that amount.

Thais live communal lives, many sharing a room and bed.

I have seen 8 Thai ladies living in 1 small room for which the rent was 2000bht a month (so they paid 250bht a month each)

They don't pay the same price for everything that you do, their meals cost 15-30 bht if they eat from stalls, less if they cook themselves, often they are given food at work at no extra cost to themselves.

So let's assume 250bht for rent, 4 meals a day averaging 25bht per meal = 3250bht a month

Two questions we really need answering before we can make our judgement

(as you have already stated you give her no money) ...........

How many dates did you go on with your gf before you shagged her?

Do you stay with her in Thailand 24/7

Some common scams a newbie like you won't know

1) you buy item, gf keeps change (25-50bht per time)

2) gf sneaks 100bht out of your wallet when you shower

3) gf negotiates purchase for you, but price goes up, she splits extra with shop/trader later

4) she takes you to places she knows, they inflate your bill, she gets a payoff (I used to do this one when I worked as a diving instructor, my students would hang out with me and get ripped off, very common scam with diving instructors)

So let me repeat, many Thai ladies (especially with white bfs) don't tell the absolute truth. The more questions you ask, the more lies you will hear.

There's so many ways for a "gf" to make money out of a white guy, she may be legit, but she's already playing the game of inflating her monthly outgoings, as well as working in Pattaya which are both really bad signs.

Regardless of what you say anybody living on 5K baht a month is doing it tough.

The fact that you can exist on that doesn't mean it is much of an existance.

And of course your living expenses aren't really realistic. The cheap rooms in Pattaya are about 3k a month and then you have to pay utilities. Many girls do share of course but it would be hard to get rent for less than 1.5k a month and if you say 100 baht a day for food then you have already spent 4.5k a month without transport costs, mobile phone, comestics,toiletries, clothes, healthcare etc

Yes it is even worse up country but then food and rent is a lot less.

And yes it is worth in many other countries so what.

A reasonable standard of living is closer to 15-20k a month but a lot of posters here think all the girls are nasty opportunists just waiting to get their hands on fat farang wallets.

How sad and that is more an indictment of the people who think like that. Many girls come to Pattaya to lift their standard of living and maybe find a husband. In my opinion nothing wrong with that. If i was in their shoes i would do the same thing.

What a load of crap, I know many waitresses who work in "normal" business's and they dont make anywhere near 12,000b a month.

As for the rent what is it, 2000b, 3000b or 5000b per month, if you wanna publish this <deleted> its best to keep the figures consistent.

Please read my post first, I said between 8000-12000...it is the true figure for regular business not for the one who sell soups on the beach of course.

Also for the rent, I said 5000, but yes you can rent for less, or share the rent with others, it is what I said in my post as well...

If you think my post is <deleted>, then please elaborate with real example from you friends, and make this most more interesting to read rather than complaining.:bah:

Hmm... I'm not complaining, but I have to agree your OP post is a lot of crap. I think it would be better if you elaborated with real examples. Maybe you would learn something more of the truth to the matter.

From your original post:

In general, all regular business (not sex related) are offering salary between 8000 to 12000 baths a month. Because rent is minimum 5000 baths, not counting other expenses,

Girls who do not want to do sex must have 2 jobs to have a 16000+ income which is the bare minimum for having a life in Pattaya. That means working 16 hours/day.

In consequence it is very hard for them to avoid having sex with strangers to have the 2000 or 3000 baths to pay for the rent at the end of the month. If you don't pay the rent, you end up sleeping on the beach...

I would like to know how you come up with the figure 8000 to 12000 baht for salaries in general for regular businesses?

Maybe for Bangkok, but not true for Pattaya. Please give a figure of the number of businesses that pay that in Pattaya. What kind of businesses are these?

Your OP definately says a minimum of 5000 baht/month for rent. No mention of nothing less.

In your OP you state 16000+ is the bare minimum for having a life in Pattaya. That's a pretty comfortable lifestyle unless you are a partier. I know many Thais personally, that live off of 6000 baht per month or less. Sounds to me like your are hearing this from party girls. I would hardly call party girls "nice".

In you OP, you state that it's very hard for them to avoid having sex with strangers to come up the extra 2000-3000 baht to pay for the rent or end up sleeping on the beach. Nothing could be further from the truth. Non-bar girls absolutely do not sleep with strangers to come up with rent money. There are other ways. Bar girls almost never sleep on the beach, they usually sleep with friends/relatives. That also applies to non-bar girls. Sleeping on the beach for a woman is way far too dangerous!

I know, talked to, and have many nice girls as friends. From all ages. Many have situations far worse than you describe. None of them work in the bars or walk the beach looking for tricks. I find talking to the street girls is quite entertaining. There are other options. They are there out of choice. Many don't like the boring life, back home. It's all a game and you are being played.

I visited a Thai girls room recently in Pattaya .It was roughly 30 sq meters with shower room and small balcony with cooking equipment .It was on the 1 st floor ( one floor up ) .It was situated near the junction of Pattaya Thai and Sukhumvit .It was very clean and off the Sukhumvit down a quiet soi .Rent was B4,000 a month .No A/C or hot water ,so extra costs very low .She did not share as she is paid above the average Thai wage by clients ( punters ).Her sister lives within 100 meters near by .They both came down to Pattaya from Issarn .

Edited by Thaifan2

A reasonable standard of living is closer to 15-20k a month but a lot of posters here think all the girls are nasty opportunists just waiting to get their hands on fat farang wallets.

How sad and that is more an indictment of the people who think like that. Many girls come to Pattaya to lift their standard of living and maybe find a husband. In my opinion nothing wrong with that. If i was in their shoes i would do the same thing.

I agree with a previous poster that circa 8,000 p.m. is enough the live in shared accommodation and send 1,000 Baht home to Mama.

I also agree that a large percentage (of the non-Go Go bar girls) are in Pattaya 'fishing for husbands'.

One brief example; I was talking to a girl in a beer bar who, following the death of her long-term Falang partner last year, had her own house, car, land and small aprtment block let out to students - oh, plus 600k in the bank. She returned to Pattaya to look for another partner,

Sorry but i dont think you have a clue(the OP that is) get away from beach road and talk to some real Thai people like th ones that live and work around where we live in Banglamung . as someone else said

"have a nice holiday " when you have been around 20 years come back and talk to us.

There's so many ways for a "gf" to make money out of a white guy, she may be legit, but she's already playing the game of inflating her monthly outgoings, as well as working in Pattaya which are both really bad signs.

Thanks for your advice... I think it is sad that you lost all your illusions.

The girls have no respect for men who are so easily fooled.

I was with a girl (once) who screamed with laughter as she explained how stupid some men were, and how much money they gave her. There are many nice Thai ladies in Thailand, you are unlikely to meet any of them in Pattaya.

As a Thai lady once explained to me

"You want meet nice Thai lady, I take you. You get in my car, we drive 20km out of town, you get out of car. No nice lady in this town"

Edited by sarahsbloke

5000-6000 baht normal pay. For a man super skilled labor about 400 baht a day. Much more than 6000 baht I think thee girl might be pulling extra tricks on the slide. High pay office work maybe 8000 baht. When I lived in Pattaya My Gal told me the numbers are square. A boos of a beauty salon 10-12,000 baht GROSS.

So how to the guys survive?

One friend told me that 80% of the Thai guys are keeping all their money for themselves and use it for drink, go out with friends and girls (yes)...

Girls even with a boyfriend are pretty much on her own and assume all responsibilities. That's also why a lot of Thai girls like Farangs.

You can deduct that 80% of the girls you meet will dump their boyfriend if you offer her a stable situation.

Of course if you are here for one month and go back to your country, do not expect the girl to leave everything for you. Thai life is hard enough so that they always try to have a backup solution, just in case. Some Farang will say that Thai girls are not committed but it is not exactly true, they are just worried by the future, and 'invest' in several opportunity.

More like keep their Thai Boyfriend as well as you!

You dont seem to have been in Thailand long?

I love all the old wise Thai hands here.

Funny how everyone here who has a Thai wife or girlfriend has one who is university educated and from a good family.

Their women works and has her own income and they don't support anyone blah blah blah

She was a virgin when i met her and she didn't put out til a year after we met etc etc etc

It is laugable really.

It is especially funny when you consider the origins and education levels of many of the expats in Thailand.

It is not like there is an oversupply of Rhodes scholars running around the place.

From what i have seen it would be a move up in class for many expats to even get a girlfriend or wife .

Heck you have to have a little sympathy for what these girls have to put up with so you can't really blame them for wanting to get sufficiently reimbursed for their efforts,

And how is that sad??? :blink:

All this time I thought we were discussing reality. Have I been deceived? :unsure:

Edited by BB1950

I love all the old wise Thai hands here.

Funny how everyone here who has a Thai wife or girlfriend has one who is university educated and from a good family.

Actually my wife is the daughter of a poor tobacco farmer, she left school at age 12 to work as a labourer on a building site. Her father is now dead, and I give the mother 3000bht a month to live on (at the farm) cos I don't want to live there or work the farm (which is what would be expected of me if I were Thai). 30km from anywhere, in Northern Thailand, not even paved roads.

My wife was going to get a job cooking for 3000-5000bht a month, 6 days a week, 10 hours a day, but I said not worth your while. She is taking her high school equivalency.

I don't believe I have ever claimed any different.

Edited by sarahsbloke

If you think my post is <deleted>, then please elaborate with real example from you friends, and make this most more interesting to read rather than complaining.:bah:

Simple fact is your being fed a load of <deleted> with the salary range of 8000b to 12000b per month.

I can tell you my staff do not get this amount (12000b), but are earning well above the minimum wage for Chonburi which is somewhere around180b a day ( im sure someone will correct me with the actual figure)

Most of them are married with the wife staying at home looking after their children, I look out into the carpark and see plenty of new cars and scooters, whilst they certainly aren't living the life of kings they are always happy and cheerful and after 4 yrs of working with them Ive only had one quit, and he only left to move back to the village to take care of his aging parents.

How much does the average 7/11 worker earn these days ??

Edited by Spoonman

My Question what do you do to help these nice girls you are talking to on beach road ?

I have a girlfriend, I got these info from her and her friends not from the beach girls. Like a lot of girls here, when she arrived in Pattaya years ago, she had to struggle a lot with multiple jobs. Now she is doing fine, but she still help her friends who are not so lucky...lot stories are coming out when you ask questions...

I do not pretend to know everything, I'm just sharing info that I think is relevant here. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong :unsure:

Your gf is lying to you in order to inflate the amount of money she extracts from you (either now or at some future time).

Most Thai ladies can exist on 5000bht a month and still be sending money home from that amount.

Thais live communal lives, many sharing a room and bed.

I have seen 8 Thai ladies living in 1 small room for which the rent was 2000bht a month (so they paid 250bht a month each)

They don't pay the same price for everything that you do, their meals cost 15-30 bht if they eat from stalls, less if they cook themselves, often they are given food at work at no extra cost to themselves.

So let's assume 250bht for rent, 4 meals a day averaging 25bht per meal = 3250bht a month

Two questions we really need answering before we can make our judgement

(as you have already stated you give her no money) ...........

How many dates did you go on with your gf before you shagged her?

Do you stay with her in Thailand 24/7

Some common scams a newbie like you won't know

1) you buy item, gf keeps change (25-50bht per time)

2) gf sneaks 100bht out of your wallet when you shower

3) gf negotiates purchase for you, but price goes up, she splits extra with shop/trader later

4) she takes you to places she knows, they inflate your bill, she gets a payoff (I used to do this one when I worked as a diving instructor, my students would hang out with me and get ripped off, very common scam with diving instructors)

So let me repeat, many Thai ladies (especially with white bfs) don't tell the absolute truth. The more questions you ask, the more lies you will hear.

Paranoia anyone!

How much does the average 7/11 worker earn these days ??

I can answer that one, 7500bht a month, 10hr shifts, 2 days off a month, but you need a high school diploma to get the job.

(It's actually one of the better paying jobs for the general Thai workers)

In ChiangMai most chamber maids/waitresses/unskilled labour get paid 100bht a day.

If you speak good English you can earn up to 150bht a day (hotel reception, etc.)

Edited by sarahsbloke

A boos of a beauty salon 10-12,000 baht GROSS.

Know a salon girl making 10,000 plus commission (2-5k extra) in a salon. She was educated to M2 level(14 yrs old, second year of high school). Will finish M6 next year after 4 yrs of PT study. Then on to do a distance BA.

Which would result in her earning less than she does now, with the job she got while educated to M2. :rolleyes:

Thailand eh. :jap:

I'm amazed that this thread has managed, or be allowed, to get to 3 pages.

I'll be even more amazed if its still open by the morning.

A Brit retiree's Thai wife I know is employing my wifes sister in law to work on her husbands orchard near Pak Chong.

12 hours = 150 baht.

Sadness

even though I agree with what has been said about the low wages in the restaurant business, none of the "girls" in my office would get up in the morning for a salary of 8 to 12 k. Having said that, they do speak English and know their job.

I would like to know how you come up with the figure 8000 to 12000 baht for salaries in general for regular businesses?

Maybe for Bangkok, but not true for Pattaya. Please give a figure of the number of businesses that pay that in Pattaya. What kind of businesses are these?

Your OP definately says a minimum of 5000 baht/month for rent. No mention of nothing less.

In your OP you state 16000+ is the bare minimum for having a life in Pattaya. That's a pretty comfortable lifestyle unless you are a partier. I know many Thais personally, that live off of 6000 baht per month or less. Sounds to me like your are hearing this from party girls. I would hardly call party girls "nice".

I know, talked to, and have many nice girls as friends. From all ages. Many have situations far worse than you describe. None of them work in the bars or walk the beach looking for tricks. I find talking to the street girls is quite entertaining. There are other options. They are there out of choice. Many don't like the boring life, back home. It's all a game and you are being played.

Answers: the point of this thread is not to debate the wages of bar girls, but the wages of the Girls in general, it may change from one person to another. The girls I speak about are the one that are similar to our western girls, who can write and read correctly, speak English, can use a computer, and have a IA comparable of our western girl. Lot of poor people here, but I don't think we can really have a relationship with someone we cannot communicate with - except in the bed.

In your OP you state 16000+ is the bare minimum for having a life in Pattaya. That's a pretty comfortable lifestyle unless you are a partier.

Ok so let's do some maths about the cost):

- 3000 baths = rent

- 1000 baths = utilities

- 1000 baths = clothes

- 5000 baths = food

- 2000 baths = transportation

- 500 baths = cellular phone

- 2000 baths for the parents

Total: 14500

She has only 1500 bath for herself, I would not call that a comfortable lifestyle

Now if she has a kid!!! add +10,000 and you see that a single mother needs +20k to survive in Pattaya.

Think about it.

Edited by nikkoid66

Answers: the point of this thread is not to debate the wages of bar girls, but the wages of the Girls in general, it may change from one person to another. The girls I speak about are the one that are similar to our western girls, who can write and read correctly, speak English, can use a computer, and have a IA comparable of our western girl. Lot of poor people here, but I don't think we can really have a relationship with someone we cannot communicate with - except in the bed.

In your OP you state 16000+ is the bare minimum for having a life in Pattaya. That's a pretty comfortable lifestyle unless you are a partier.

Ok so let's do some maths about the cost):

- 3000 baths = rent

- 1000 baths = utilities

- 1000 baths = clothes

- 5000 baths = food

- 2000 baths = transportation

- 500 baths = cellular phone

- 2000 baths for the parents

Total: 14500

She has only 1500 bath for herself, I would not call that a comfortable lifestyle

Now if she has a kid!!! add +10,000 and you see that a single mother needs +20k to survive in Pattaya.

Think about it.

i can live with 1 bath but need many bahts :D

Edited by taninthai

Please remember that the Thai's are not on a permanent holiday while living in Pattaya like western

people are. Your numbers are off in nearly every instance.

Rent is not 5000 baht minimum. Basic apartment s (room + bathroom) which most Thai people will

rent in Pattaya are available usually for around 2500 - 4000 baht and they will share this rent between

2 0r 3 people.

Basic wages are not just 8000 - 12000 baht, many, many Thai people survive on wages between 5000 - 8000 baht.

Hardly any homeless girls in Pattaya, they usually just bundle into a room or go back home if they

can not afford to stay.

Not too many girls working two jobs in Pattaya, considering most jobs are full time there is not enough

hours in the day to include their long sleeping pattern. Actually you will find if a Thai girl has a sponsor

she will not bother to get a job.