Thai Coins, Where Do They Vanish To?

contemplating

I've been wondering what to do with the bags of coins I've accumulated in my place. I empty them from my pockets each night and only take notes with me in the morning. The bank was not impressed when I took them there - so now I'll try the local mini-mart.

Carrefour will be happy to take them - go to the cashier's main office left of the bag drop/redemption counter, at the far end. If they're in a good mood you get a free gift or coupons.

I always toss my change into a big dish that happens to sit about eye-level with my 5 year old.

She's convinced that as long as she has sip baht, (enough to buy ice cream) then she's got it made in the shade.

Caught her last weekend dumping about 3 kilos of coins into her backpack that she takes to school every day.

Just recently I've started trying to get rid of all the change I have by digging it out of my pockets & actually using it when I pay for things & guess what?

I busted a couple of Dingbat cashiers who (accidentally I'm sure) screwed up on my change due.....one for 87 baht at Homeworks next to S. Pattaya Big C & one at S. Pattaya Tesco Lotus for an even 100 baht.

I never really looked at my change before...just pay & go, and in less than 2 weeks I've had to say "Whoa, This ain't right" twice, so am kind of getting into this change game.....Price is 812 baht....give them 1012 baht. Often times I get a look of utter confusion.

Make 'em think a bit, & the change back to me seems to be accurate.

Gotta say my head is often as far into the clouds as theirs seems to be, so tossing a bit of change into the routine keeps us all more accurate.