American Drugged And Robbed By Thai Woman

Rimmer

American Drugged and Robbed by Thai Woman

PATTAYA: -- An American Tourist, who took a Thai woman back to his room after a drinking session in Walking Street, woke to find he had been drugged and robbed of all his valuables, passport and money.

Pattaya, 28th August 2010 [PDN]: At approximately 01:00 am on Saturday, Lieutenant Colonel Phongsawad Wongwan (Pattaya Police Investigator) was notified of a drugging and subsequent theft of an American tourist, which took place at the S.T. Court, South Pattaya, Banglamung, room no. 7, on the second floor.

Reporting to the Police in the state of semi consciousness from being drugged, Mr. James Edward Porter JR [45] an American national, explained to Lt. Col. Wongwan that he was woken up by staff of the hotel, to find that he had been drugged and robbed by a Thai woman whom he had taken to his room in the early hours of the morning.

Full story HERE

PATTAYA DAILY NEWS

-- 2010-08-28

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Strange timings.

He was "robbed by a Thai woman whom he had taken to his room in the early hours of the morning".

"he was woken up by staff of the hotel"

and the police were informed by 1 am.

More to this one I guess.

Moral of the story?

Daytime drinking is BAD.....poor yank it seems she only love him short time! :lol:

One of the clearest lessons is that it is a very GOOD idea for anyone bringing a Thai lady to his room to allow the hotel to record her ID. Most Yanks feel it is degrading and an invasion of privacy and such, but I bet this hapless lad would be quite interested now in just exactly who the young woman was.

One of the clearest lessons is that it is a very GOOD idea for anyone bringing a Thai lady to his room to allow the hotel to record her ID. Most Yanks feel it is degrading and an invasion of privacy and such, but I bet this hapless lad would be quite interested now in just exactly who the young woman was.

If he was drunk, it could have also been a young man...:shock1: ....no ID recorded therefore we will never know...:burp:

If he was drunk, it could have also been a young man...:shock1: ....no ID recorded therefore we will never know...:burp:

Not sure about the latter,as I think the case is cleared already..............

Below is what I saw on my screen while viewing the pattaya forum :D

post-14874-001556700 1283007746_thumb.jp

An Olympus digital camera worth 200,000 Baht?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes there is more to this than meets the eye!

An Olympus digital camera worth 200,000 Baht?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes there is more to this than meets the eye!

I wounder what the name is of his travel insurance company.:whistling:

And I wonder where people learn to read... No where does it say that the Camera is worth 200,000 baht (The comma is used in many contexts and languages, principally for separating things)......

According to Mr. Porter, the offender stole

a gold bracelet [worth 150,000 Baht]

a gold Necklace [worth 100,000 Baht]

a digital camera [Olympus],

Bt200,000 in cash and his passport including his hotel room key.

And I wonder where people learn to read... No where does it say that the Camera is worth 200,000 baht (The comma is used in many contexts and languages, principally for separating things)......

I find it hard to believe this guy stays in a place which allows guests into the room without checking ID and has half a million Baht's worth stashed inside.

He had 200000 Baht where? Stuffed under the mattress? Give me a break! :blink:

UPDATE

Habitual Offender Implicated in American Drugging Robbery

PATTAYA: -- Local police investigating the case of American national James Edward Porter Jnr, who was drugged and robbed by a Pattaya working girl on the 28th of August, have received positive identification of the offender from a criminal database.

Pattaya, the 31st of August 2010 [PDN]: Having reported to Pattaya Police Station on the 28th of August following the incident, Mr. Porter has since returned to provide further information about the incident and the woman involved. Thanks to police records and Mr. Porter’s memory of the incident, officers have now obtained a positive identification of the offender.

Full story HERE

PATTAYA DAILY NEWS

-- 2010-08-31

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Following Mr. Porter’s incapacitation, the offender went about stealing all of his possessions including, a gold bracelet [worth 150,000 Baht] a gold Necklace [worth 100,000 Baht] a digital camera [Olympus], Bt200,000 in cash, his passport and hotel room key

A lot of valuables and cash to carry when going on the piss :blink:

Not just yanks...a German had this happen to him about 2 months ago in Bangkok. I guess he rose a ruckus at the check in desk, so the staff let the lady in with no ID check. Happens to all nationalities...

This guy has a Thai Motorcycle License, so I wonder if he is a Tourist or Resident??? I hope they catch the Thai Girl, but return of his goods unlikely!!! They probably have been sold!!!

Not just yanks...a German had this happen to him about 2 months ago in Bangkok. I guess he rose a ruckus at the check in desk, so the staff let the lady in with no ID check. Happens to all nationalities...

This guy has a Thai Motorcycle License, so I wonder if he is a Tourist or Resident??? I hope they catch the Thai Girl, but return of his goods unlikely!!! They probably have been sold!!!

Exactly what i was thinking, do thai now issue drivers licences to all tourists? :rolleyes:

Obviously the guy hasn't traveled to much. Why the hel_l would anyone wear that much flash & carry that much cash. I highly doubt the value of the Olympus is anywhere near 200,000 baht. You can buy a Hassleblad or a Bronica large format camera digital from new york for far less. That is more than my Nikon's or Minolta wedding cameras. Furthermore he would have to be carrying a gear bag for lenses which Olympus is just a step over point & shoots in photography world. Maybe he padded the event to use a insurance claim back home.Story sounds a little fishy!

OOPS you are right, I misread it. But just to let you know, in case you did not, I have, in the past, used commas, so I know what they are for. So, again, for your information, I can read, I learnt a long time ago in the UK, where there is an excess of commas, does this sentence have enough commas? ( I just wish I could give Thais some of my excess commas to help undertand their writing!)

Edited by msg362