Transfer Deadline Day In Full Swing...

MSingh

That would have been my old Mate Devil saying those things Stevie....:D

No, in all seriousness, it's madness..

Big probs at Anfield & more serious than many are actually thinking it seems..

and how long have i been banging that drum on here? the systematic dismantling from within of LFC continues apace. next stop administration or perhaps worse, yet another re-financing by a group containing gillett and hicks.

I hear we offered LP diouf on loan but they turned us down so now big sam has two. Maybe just a case of been there and spit on that?

james, united do not offer to loan or sell anyone to liverpool, ever. as you should well know.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would have been my old Mate Devil saying those things Stevie....:D

No, in all seriousness, it's madness..

Big probs at Anfield & more serious than many are actually thinking it seems..

and how long have i been banging that drum on here? the systematic dismantling from within of LFC continues apace. next stop administration or perhaps worse, yet another re-financing by a group containing gillett and hicks.

I hear we offered LP diouf on loan but they turned us down so now big sam has two. Maybe just a case of been there and spit on that?

james, united do not offer to loan or sell anyone to liverpool, ever. as you should well know.

I know stevie but you have to admit the sound of mama diouf becoming your leading scorer this year with 15 goals, has a certain appeal to it. ;)

I was surprised Wenger didnt buy a keeper, i always thought of him as the best manager in the league, but in all the years since Seaman retired and in the years running upto his retitring he has never had the accumen to buy 1 decent keeper.

Schwarzer is as bad as he's currently got.

I was surprised Wenger didnt buy a keeper, i always thought of him as the best manager in the league, but in all the years since Seaman retired and in the years running upto his retitring he has never had the accumen to buy 1 decent keeper.

Its not just a keeper. People should remember the back five he inherited when he took over at the Arse.

Its not just a keeper. People should remember the back five he inherited when he took over at the Arse.

Yes but hes bought and brought through some world class defenders, and im aware of the finiancial restrictions he works under but he just seems blind to his keeping problems.

I cant think of any teams winning the league with a dreadful keeper, as a dodgy keeper affects the defence.

Yes but hes bought and brought through some world class defenders, and im aware of the finiancial restrictions he works under but he just seems blind to his keeping problems.

I cant think of any teams winning the league with a dreadful keeper, as a dodgy keeper affects the defence.

I thought he had/had $$ at his disposal if he wants it but really chooses not to spend it ??

much as it hurts to say it, ferguson is still the best manager in the league. you can't argue with his record and achievements however much of a graceless, charmless, two-faced, despicable, purple-nosed, whisky-sodden tramp he might be.

wenger can't spot a 'keeper, just isn't in him. richard wright, stuart taylor, almunia, fabianski, manninger, shabaan, mannone. the mental jens lehmann was the best he's signed and he was always a heartbeat away from a rick or a red card. he should have moved heaven and earth to get shay given about four years ago but he just doesn't seem able to spot 'keepers or just doesn't value them that highly.

wenger can't spot a 'keeper, just isn't in him. richard wright, stuart taylor, almunia, fabianski, manninger, shabaan, mannone. the mental jens lehmann was the best he's signed and he was always a heartbeat away from a rick or a red card. he should have moved heaven and earth to get shay given about four years ago but he just doesn't seem able to spot 'keepers or just doesn't value them that highly.

Wow that list of keepers takes some beating (not literally), but he's had more then enough chances to buy Given, 18 months ago he went for a steal at 5 million, im surprised he didnt go for him 4 days ago.

Im thinking Arsenal will struggle for 4th this year with Man City, Man U and Chelsea having the top 3 wrapped up, this could be his downfall.

Edited by Englander

Wow that list of keepers takes some beating (not literally), but he's had more then enough chances to buy Given, 18 months ago he went for a steal at 5 million, im surprised he didnt go for him 4 days ago.

Im thinking Arsenal will struggle for 4th this year with Man City, Man U and Chelsea having the top 3 wrapped up, this could be his downfall.

Delusional at this early stage......Man City flattering to deceive.....Man Utd yet to test the treatment table on Scholes/Giggs.....yeah Chelsea should be easy winners this year. The rest of us will fight it out imo.

Delusional at this early stage......Man City flattering to deceive.....Man Utd yet to test the treatment table on Scholes/Giggs.....yeah Chelsea should be easy winners this year. The rest of us will fight it out imo.

Opinion not delusional its only a case of them dropping 2 places, when Man City have spent like no other, Liverpool have no Champs Leagues games and wont be overly bothered about Europa, Spuds on the rise.

Anyway ive 10gbp on a guaranteed cert of ManCity to win the league at 9/1, Cardiff with Bellamy to win the league 7/2 and Andy Carroll who will be a lone forward to be PFA young player of the year at 50/1, thatll be 23k come March.

IMO the league will be a battle between an ageing Chelsea with Terry and Lampard having seen better days and Man City should they gel.

Opinion not delusional its only a case of them dropping 2 places, when Man City have spent like no other, Liverpool have no Champs Leagues games and wont be overly bothered about Europa, Spuds on the rise.

Anyway ive 10gbp on a guaranteed cert of ManCity to win the league at 9/1, Cardiff with Bellamy to win the league 7/2 and Andy Carroll who will be a lone forward to be PFA young player of the year at 50/1, thatll be 23k come March.

IMO the league will be a battle between an ageing Chelsea with Terry and Lampard having seen better days and Man City should they gel.

9/1 was poor odds in my view.....they won't win anything this year as their buys have been no better than average.

Man City wrapped up in the top three!

Be serious man......

So no big cash windfalls this year then.

Anyway ive 10gbp on a guaranteed cert of ManCity to win the league at 9/1,

9/1 was poor odds in my view.....they won't win anything this year as their buys have been no better than average.

Although I agree that we will not win the league this year, it's just too early. How on earth you can say that our buys are no better than average, is beyond me. They have only had three games to try and gel and two of our new signings haven't even played yet due to injuries. Give em a chance will ya.

Although I agree that we will not win the league this year, it's just too early. How on earth you can say that our buys are no better than average, is beyond me. They have only had three games to try and gel and two of our new signings haven't even played yet due to injuries. Give em a chance will ya.

In truth its just the scarf we don't ike....oh and the Italian thing.....its just sooo last season. ;)

In truth its just the scarf we don't ike....oh and the Italian thing.....its just sooo last season. ;)

I know you probably don't watch City too much but Mancini hasn't worn it this season. Yet :D

He's just had a shorter haircut or so the media was saying :blink: Did make me wonder though, what with losing the scarf an all that, whether Cookes told him to man up a bit. :D

Give it a month when the cool weather arrives, he'll be back to full scarf plus a new addition to the ensemble this winter - ear muffs. Not because his ears are cold he just doesnt want to hear the boo's

He's just had a shorter haircut or so the media was saying :blink: Did make me wonder though, what with losing the scarf an all that, whether Cookes told him to man up a bit. :D

Give it a month when the cool weather arrives, he'll be back to full scarf plus a new addition to the ensemble this winter - ear muffs. Not because his ears are cold he just doesnt want to hear the boo's

Yes, i'm still sticking to October when Cooke gives him the dreaded vote of confidence. We know what that means. :ph34r:

Thats right, you guessed it....a bloody great pay off and back into a new management position within a month. Happy days and nice work if you can get it. :D

Love it :D

It's topics like these that make me wish The Waiter didn't go to Italy. Roy is too nice of a guy. Carlo well - is not Jose. Guess its Mancini of Mancity and Arse of Arsenal. C'est la vie.

Although I agree that we will not win the league this year, it's just too early.

If ageing Chelsea get a few injuries most notably to Drogba and Rooney doesnt play as he did in most of last season it'll be a hel_l of a leveller, Man Citys overall squad is the best in the league its just a matter of finding out how well they can play together.

If Mancini was to be doing his job to the standard he's paid for he'd have dealt with Bellamy who'd have given you a better chance imho, hes better then Cruz and Adebayor.

It's topics like these that make me wish The Waiter didn't go to Italy. Roy is too nice of a guy. Carlo well - is not Jose. Guess its Mancini of Mancity and Arse of Arsenal. C'est la vie.

Woy's a national treasure.

i can pretty much guarantee you that roy hodgson will get more shit this season from liverpool fans than he will from fans of other clubs.

i can pretty much guarantee you that roy hodgson will get more shit this season from liverpool fans than he will from fans of other clubs.

Exactly, cause you all know that it's his fault you haven't got new owners yet. :rolleyes:

:lol:

Maybe Fergusson could do with a nose muff, as his nose is always bright red. Maybe that's nothing to do with the cold though!!

Maybe Fergusson could do with a nose muff, as his nose is always bright red. Maybe that's nothing to do with the cold though!!

Is that a muff on his nose or his nose on a muff ;):D

:D :D

:D