Pattaya Post Office

rick625

I spend a good majority of my time travellling from Thailand to America. I often mail myself packages and letters from America back to my home in Thailand. I'd say that at least 60% never make it recently I heard, "There are two types of post offices : delivery post offices and non-delivery post offices. Delivery post offices are responsible for both posting and delivery of postal items. Non-delivery post offices are responsible for posting only. Pataya City, its delivery zone is under the responsibility of Banglamung Delivery Post Office where the post code is 20150. For Pattaya Post Office where as the post code is 20260, it is a non-delivery post office. If any postal item destined to Pattaya is indicated with post code 20260, it will be missent to Pattaya Post Office, and it will be reforward to Banglamung Post Office. This will be the cause of delay or loss of postal item. Anyone know if there is any truth to this or have any advice? :o

My wife mentioned this a couple of days ago.

Said she was told last week at the post office, (that about for months ago) this code had changed to 20150 and to stop using 20260 at the end of our delivery address.

Hope this makes a difference as over the last three years very little mail sent from overseas has ever made it, and had got to the point of advising friends and family not to bother anymore.

Saying that, only about half the internal mail makes it, often including our phone bill which TT&T says comes from BKK. :o

This is a tricky topic;

I reckon that receiving mail in Thailand is down to where you live and a luck.

I have always received my mail.....eventually. However do you share a mail-box?

Remember to check your mail-box daily and find out on what days the mail-man delivers and at what time of day.

My mail-man delivers twice a week,..... almost always on a Thursday and a Saturdayat 1330 hours.....I sometimes wait for him. My telephone bill always arrives on time and I have never once had a missing bank statement.

Delays are common....hand-written mail is often delayed and so are magazines, the mailman does not like heavy periodicals.

If you live out in the sticks, beyond Pattaya centre, and your home is a 'falang' home, you are out of luck. Much of your mail will be dumped.

Try complaining at Banglamung P.O. ; even better befriend your mail-man and tip him well, that way you might see an improvement.

If I lived 'in the sticks' as opposed to 3rd Road, I would hire a P.O. box, so my mail had a better chance.

The postal zipcode for Pattaya remains at 20260. I recieve my mail from America all the time. The most important part of your address in Thailand is the Moo number, as the house numbers are duplicated and without the proper Moo number you will not get your mail.

This is a tricky topic;

If you live out in the sticks, beyond Pattaya centre, and your home is a 'falang' home, you are out of luck. Much of your mail will be dumped.

Try complaining at Banglamung P.O. ; even better befriend your mail-man and tip him well, that way you might see an improvement.

Certainly agree with this.

About a year ago we got a new postman who apologized for our lack of mail and said the previous postman had been sacked for dumping mail. Gave him a couple of hundred baht and all was well for a few months until he was promoted and moved on.

Since then back to the old routine of missing mail and about three different postmen.

Complained to the Banglamung office, but it didn’t change anything. TIT. :o

Always used our full address inc. the Moo, but of course in English script for overseas.

Learnt to live with it now, but a pain in the butt to have to hang around at TT&T most months to get a print out and then pay the phone bill. Also TT&T say this is a problem for many of their customers.

I believe everyone will have better results with the 20150 postal code

and even better have the sender write the address in Thai

..... all that needs to be in English is the last word Thailand... ( get some address labels printed in Thai )

If its important get the sender to send the package "Signed For"

so someone has to sign for it on arivall :o Good luck........

once a mail from Austria (and Austrias post is good) needed 3!! Month to Thailand, now one letter is lost (with goods inside).

If you want to be sure use FedEx or UPS (but expensive).

I spend a good majority of my time travellling from Thailand to America. I often mail myself packages and letters from America back to my home in Thailand. I'd say that at least 60% never make it recently I heard, "There are two types of post offices : delivery post offices and non-delivery post offices. Delivery post offices are responsible for both posting and delivery of postal items. Non-delivery post offices are responsible for posting only. Pataya City, its delivery zone is under the responsibility of Banglamung Delivery Post Office where the post code is 20150. For Pattaya Post Office where as the post code is 20260, it is a non-delivery post office. If any postal item destined to Pattaya is indicated with post code 20260, it will be missent to Pattaya Post Office, and it will be reforward to Banglamung Post Office. This will be the cause of delay or loss of postal item. Anyone know if there is any truth to this or have any advice? :o

• 2 weeks later...
The postal zipcode for Pattaya remains at 20260. I recieve my mail from America all the time. The most important part of your address in Thailand is the Moo number, as the house numbers are duplicated and without the proper Moo number you will not get your mail.

Only west of 3rd Road. East it becomes 20150.

A PO Box seems to be the best option, although on saying that my home mail gets delivered with even the most obscure address on it. TIT :o

I agree, Get a PO Box

Otherwise the buffalo will eat your mail in it's 7 day journey from Bangkok to Pattaya.

Seriously. Write and complain to the

Head of Postal Services

General Post Office

New Road

Bangkok 10000

They do take complaints seriously and will investigate.

In my case the postman was collecting the mail from the Post Office and

then dumping it rather than wasting time delivering it.

After that the service did improve.

Edited by astral

• 14 years later...
On 7/14/2005 at 9:32 PM, syd barrett said:

Try complaining at Banglamung P.O. ; even better befriend your mail-man and tip him well, that way you might see an improvement

These are good recommendations that I have used to improve things.